Thursday, February 6, 2014

Well, New Year, New Starts!

Can I just say that I am sooooooooooo glad that January is over and February is already in the middle?  Well, I am.

I have been doing some scrapping but not as much as I would like.  Although, I do expect that to change.  I just started participating in a "Supreme Scrap Tournament" that literally has participants all over the world!  How exciting to see other's work?  First challenge up, "1000 Steps from Home."  Here is my entry:

Title: A Southern Home




I used some new and older items.  Background paper is Bazzill.  Chipboard accents/borders is Heidi Grace.  Foam Letters are from My Paper Studio. Flourishes are American Crafts "Remarks" collection.  The paper borders I colored with Tim Holtz distress ink and they are also Bazzill.  I created the background using a stencil by Studio Calico and Liquitex modeling paste. I colored with Tim Holtz distress in pads.  Journaling reads: "Just outside my front dorr, on my walking tour of my neighborhood, there is this old, beautiful Plantation Home.  It is your traditional, Southern Plantation that now serves as a museum as well as a bed and breakfast.  I love that I live in the glorious south and have such easy access to ..."

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

elina said...

your home looks stunning!!!!! good luck with the tournament!