Thursday, August 15, 2013

Oh my! So sorry....

I cannot believe that it has been so long since I last posted here!!!  Shock I tell ya.  I am so sorry.
To be honest, life has been busy and for a while, I removed myself from social media as well as following my regular blogs. I haven't even scrapped! shocker I know. 2 weeks ago I managed to get away and fly to Salt Lake City.  I then drove 11 hours to Wenatchee, WA.  I went to "Camp Wanna." I had an absolute BLAST!  I so needed to get away and these women..... oh my!  My ribs still hurt.  I had so much fun.  And the fact that I actually got layouts done, well, that was just lagniappe!  I managed 5 two page layouts which total 10! Yep, got lucky I guess especially in between the shenanigans!  I will post those later.  However, I did manage a few more in the last 2 days.  My friends are on design teams on different sites.  They have "Challenges" on these sights.  Well, I managed to complete 3!!  I KNOW!
Let me start with Child's Play Blog.  This is based on children's toys, books, etc.  This month's challenge is based on a child's storybook, "Brown Bear, Brown Bear."  Here is my interpretation:


 I used my dog, Riley as the subject. The title is: puppy dog puppy dog What Do You See?

Another blog of inspiration that I did a layout for is Scrapstuffz.  Here she uses colors as inspiration.  Here is the inspiration photo:

And here is my take on it:


I had fun with this one and thoroughly am happy with the way it turned out!

Now, the LAST one I played on is CSI, This one has a monthly challenge as well as a weekly one.  You are given "clues" to try and solve the case! LOL  You are given a "Scene" which are the color scheme. The a list of "Evidence" which are embellishments and such.  Then, "Testimony" which is your journaling.  Here is the Case File which is due on the 18th:

Here is my take on it!


I ended up turning it on it's side. I'm happy with it.  Trying to definitely get out of my comfort zone!
Now, there is one that is open all month long. These are special 365 cases.  Here is the case:

And here is mine:


Well, that's it.  I managed 4 layouts in 2 days!!  What I really NEED to do now is reorganize my paper!!  I am finding stacks everywhere!

Okay, that's it for now.  Since I am engrossing myself in these Challenge Blogs, it will make me post here!  So, be on the lookout for the next one!

12 comments:

Melissa Vining said...

Wow you've been busy! I love all your layouts, and I especially love how you were inspired by our beach chairs photo for your Scrapstuffz challenge page. Such a sweet layout! Thanks for playing along with us!

Heather M said...

Love your die cut circle & Riley is so cute. Thanks for playing along at Childs Play!

Laurie said...

Goodness sakes Vee! You sure are immersing yourself into these challenges--go for it you REAL girl! Loved meeting you and know that we will meet again.

Shirley Mijares Mascarina said...

Beautiful pages! You're on the roll! I like the big scallop circle. Love how you pulled out the chair colors to your page. Great job! Thanks for playing with us at SSIB!

Janet M said...

Nice that you got back to scrapping and it was fun seeing all of your layouts.
Glad you are creating and sharing with us at Child's Play.

Steffanie said...

Nice work with all the challenges---you even did separate layouts for each one! Nice to see Camp Wanna got you back into the scrapping groove! I particularly like the Child's Play layout...I used my kitty cat and did a similar title. Great minds think alike! ;-)

Devra said...

Yippee, yippee, yippee for scrapping, blogging and playing along with challenges. Love both of them! The colors are great in the second one and I live that you used your dog as inspiration. Thank you for supporting challenges at Child's Play and Inspired by and hope to see you back again!

Jane said...

You do wonder what Riley is intently looking at don't you - such a cute pooch. Glad you are back to scrapping and enjoying the process. Thanks for playing along with us on Child's Play.

lynnseverydayideas said...

Wow - that's a lot of layouts in one or two days! Love your scalloped circle paper. Thank you for playing at SSIB

Stephanie Johnson said...

Your dog is adorable! I often wonder sometimes what my dog see when he's outside too....GREAT interpretation of the challenge! Thanks for playing!

Moongirl said...

I, too, love the scallop circles! Love the arrows and folder tab too. You should be happy with it, it's awesome! Thanks for playing at SSIB, see you next month.

Colleen said...

You have been a busy gal! So, did Riley ever get a bird? Great take on the Brown Bear challenge. My favorite one is, of course, the Camp Wanna one. Love how you incorporated the map of your road trip, and the journaling on the road signs was ingenious! So glad you traveled that far and we were able to meet!