Monday, January 28, 2013

Rollercoaster Ride!

That is about all I can say about last week.  Only this rollercoaster, kept rising, rising, rising. Up, up, up.  Kept waiting for the drop.  Well, Friday, it did. BIG time.  Friday was the Memorial Service for my Dad.  The anxiety that had built up for over a week was nauseating!  I managed to go to work on Tuesday and Wednesday, just to help get my mind off of things.  Wednesday, I only stayed til 9 a.m.  It was tough. 
There were more retirees at the service than at the reunion party last month!  My dad was LOVED and will be missed by all who got the pleasure of knowing him and working with him.  The sad part about funerals is, seeing people you haven't seen in years!  It's like a reunion of sorts in itself.  Sad occasion to re-connect, but it IS good to see them.  My children held up okay.  My son did 2 readings and I couldn't have been prouder of him.  He is the ONLY grandson and it is something he wanted to do.  Now, it is time for healing to begin.  Last night I prepared a meal that was wonderful and the first thing I wanted to do was call my dad and tell him!  It was something we did.  Whenever we tried something new, we shared.  We always use to cook together.  Sometimes it meant eating at 10 p.m., but, we had fun!  I will miss that.  I will miss making him my Gumbo.  My Oyster dressing.  My Black-eyed Peas.  Just sharing really.  I will miss calling him after an interesting work day to share stories.  Working for the same company afforded us the many opportunities to laugh at the stories!  I will miss that terribly.  I am proud to say that, "I AM my Father's Daughter!"  We have never met a stranger.

Okay, now it is time to move forward.  Superbowl Sunday is 6 days away!  Monday will be EXTREMELY BUSY!!!!  I am going in at Midnight Sunday and will be working to approximately noon on Monday.  We WILL get all these people out of here without worry and trouble!  Downtown festivities have already begun, not too mention, the Mardi Gras parades!  It will be an interesting 2 weeks here!

All right, off I go.  It's my day off and I have some "household chores" that have been neglected.  I will be back in a few days to update you AND to show you what I've been working on.  Have a GREAT week!

No comments: