Saturday, October 8, 2011

4 + 3 + 2 equals: ONE Great Deal!

Well, the other day I decided to run out to my local Goodwill Store.  I wasn't exactly sure what I was looking for { I lie. I was looking for shelves.} But what I DID find were these items:


A "woodgrain" lazy susan, {$2} a very LARGE white crock  {$4} and a wooden something or another! {$3} It has a winery stamped on the side.  They had a larger one with 5 compartments with slots, but something told me that was MORE than what I wanted or even needed!  I knew what I was going to do with the crock.  It has been left as is and my kitchen utensils are sitting pretty in it on my counter!



Basically my "baking" utensils sit in there.  I have another one next to the stovetop that houses my big spoons and such.
The other 2 items, well, I had somewhat of a plan.  I purchased a can of spray paint.




I had the can of spray already and used it to clean out the wooden unit.  After cleaning the items, I spray painted BOTH!






Why is it that EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. I. PAINT, it is windy?  Seriously. After completely dry, I had some non-skid shelf liner that I cut to fit the lazy susan.  It is also brown! Go figure.  It will eventually go on my scrap table to hold some containers.
Now, for the wooden box, it isn't completely finished for I want to stencil on it. What you ask?  Well, I'm not completely sure.  I want it to be all cute and such and it IS being used on my scrap table, see:






But it is missing that "cuteness" factor!  Now, my table isn't that big and I will be looking for a shelf similar to an "over the sink" shelf to lift it off my workspace but still available to reach.
Anyway, I am still happy with my purchase and my hubby will add shelves above the workspace on the wall.  I still need to bring in my big cabinet so I can OFFICIALLY have a scrap room!!! YAY!!!!  My daughter's bed is STILL remaining, but I will relocate the position of it.  I mean, I NEED to make some room, right?  Thought so! hee hee.


Thanks for stopping by.  I promise to try and close the gap in my posting. Really.  I do! ;-)
Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

GLOANN said...

Great finds! Maybe you could find a sheet or two of cute paper, do some fussy cutting and decoupage the front of the wooden unit. It looks very handy.

Veronica said...

I want to do that Gloria! Kinda want to go the black and white theme, but, haven't found the right one yet!

Adele said...

Awesome, Vee! You know, you don't have to actually leave them plain brown. You COULD alter them to bring back that "cuteness factor". Love the slotted "wooden something or other". It's fabulous!