Sunday, June 12, 2011

A "Milestone" Day {well, almost}


Last Wednesday, it was my birthday. It was just another day.  However, I think it was supposed to be my "mid-life."  If that was the case, shouldn't I be having one of those "Crisis?"  I don't feel like I should.  My daughter will be 18 at the end of the month and beginning College in the Fall.  Okay, maybe I SHOULD start having a crisis!!!! LOL  Right now, I feel that I am in a good place.  I enjoy my job.  Most days.  I have good kids. I've been married 18 years.  All in all, things are good.  I lead a "simple" life and have "simple" pleasures.  No need to complicate things.

My family prepared dinner for me.  It was nice.  Funny thing is, I kinda "directed" my hubby on cooking instructions! HA!  They even bought me a cake.  They have in the past, baked one, but the timing was off this year.  Ya know, it's not like my birthday falls on the same day every year! sheesh.  My son managed a few pictures from that night and if you'll indulge me, I will show you.





All in all, it was a good day.  Have a good week and I'll come back soon.  I will be starting vacation in 4 days and hubby and I will be having a "Staycation."  We are staying downtown in our own city.  Should be fun!

1 comment:

Jingle said...

I'm glad you had a good day and I love that you are so content with your life right now! That's wonderful! Now...do something scary!!!!