Thursday, February 10, 2011

Welcome to a "Valentine Blog Hop"



Welcome.  You should have arrived from Briana's Blog, but if you didn't, you should start at the beginning, Amanda's Blog so you don't miss all the goodies and inspiration!

For this hop, I decided to share with you cards I made for a "Swap" on a message board I frequent.  I made 2 types that are very similar, just different in color scheme.  Take a look:

I cut an 8 1/2" x 11" kraft cardstock in half to make my cards.  I ended up shaving off a tiny bit off the bottom in order for it to fit into an envelope that I already had in my stash.  I folded it not directly in half in order for the border to be seen.

Using the punch to punch the border for the front of the card.

Stamping the image onto the cardstock.

Heat embossing the stamped images.  One on Pink and the other Chocolate Brown.  The sentiment reads, "be my Valentine."

Cutting the ribbon after I make the "bow."

Adhering the ribbon to the back before attaching to the card.

Counting to make sure I have made enough.



The finished product.  You can see how the border overlaps the top so it is now the bottom and can be seen!  By the time this blog post is posted, most all of my recipients should have received!! LOL


So, that is my project for you today!  I hope you enjoyed it and it inspires you to get creative!  Be sure to leave a comment and an addy for your chance to win some "scrappy goodness!"  I'll be choosing a winner at the end of the Hop!! 
The next person on this hop is Traci.  If you get lost, this is the order of the hop:


Amanda {the Beginning}
Veronica {You are HERE!}
 

20 comments:

kelliebean said...

Hey, I do believe I recognize those beautiful cards! :) Thanks, Vee! Happy Valentine's Day - love ya, girl!

Briana said...

I love your multi-tasking...making four cards at once is slick! And I'm also happy to see that your scrap space is full of tools like mine! ;)

Jackie said...

You made me feel better your scrap space looks like mine......... !!!!
lovely cards, love the colour combination

Becky said...

Those cards are adorable! I love the colors!!

Caroleb said...

Those card are adorable & look so easy to make.

Lauram said...

Very cute cards! I like them a lot.

Kath said...

Very cute cards!! I LOVE the scalloped border. Very pretty. TFS

charli said...

Thanks for the tutorial! cute cards!

Toree said...

Such cute cards! I really should heat emboss more, I have so many stamps and a ton of embossing powder. Thank you for the inspiration!

Adele said...

Vee, they turned out SOOOOOOO Cute! I loved getting mine in yesterday's post! Thank you! {{hugs}}

andi said...

Very cute, you did a wonderful job!

Candice said...

Gorgeous cards! They look incredible!

All about UNC! said...

Beautiful cards! I love them! Thank you for sharing them.

suzeyq said...

Cute cards!

yokaye said...

Totally cuteness. Love those cards...and that border punch. Yum!

clmk523 said...

Gorgeous cards - and so simple! Thanks for sharing.

Gina said...

Love the scallops on your cards! What a neat idea for these!

DanaMK said...

I love the idea of the punched border - you can see it so well here! Very cute cards! I've never done heat embossing but it looks so pretty.

photochic said...

Love the cards! So adorable.

clmk523 said...

I lifted this card for a thank you that I made yesterday. Thank YOU!