Thursday, December 9, 2010

What'dya Think? Some Christmas Fun!

 Okay, after reading a fellow blogger's entry, I decided to post here as well. {Thanks Whitney!}
I've added a few more at the end.
 
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. Especially if I am all "color coordinated!" LOL

2. Real tree or Artificial? We've had both.  This year it is a little smaller but it LOOKS real.  I have candles and I even fooled my sister!

3. When do you put up the tree? This year we did it the day after Thanksgiving for I was off.  Usually it's the 2nd weekend after.

4. When do you take the tree down? After "Kings Day" which is January 6th I believe.  Then I usually decorate it for Mardi Gras!!!  I think I just might do it this year.

5. Do you like eggnog? Yes.  Yes I do.  In fact, I tried Soy Eggnog and it tastes BETTER! especially with some rum in it. ;^)

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Mrs. Beasley doll!

7. Hardest person to buy for? Hmmm, usually it's the person who has everything!  My father in law was.

8. Easiest person to buy for? My younger sis!

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Sadly, no.  My mother had a beautiful one that my middle sister inherited, but it was gone with Hurricane Katrina. :-(

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? MAIL!!
 
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I honestly don't think I received one.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Santa Clause.  First and Second.  The last one was all right.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I was supposed to start already?  Guess that answers it! LOL

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? EVERYTHING!!!! lol

16. Lights on the tree (colored or clear)? All white.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Without a doubt, "Mary's Song"

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?  HOME!  We are all "local."

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's?  I think so.

20. Angel, star or ribbon on top of tree?  I have an Angel.  I've done the ribbon before.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Morning with our immediate family.  On Christmas Eve my side of the family gets together at my sister's and the kids open their gifts.

22. Favorite children's Christmas song? Jingle Bells and Silent Night

23. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Sales people who are RUDE!  Why?  DON'T work with the public then.

24. Favorite ornament theme or color? My favorite one year is when I had nothing but Santas on my tree!

25. Turkey or ham on Christmas day? Pork Roast this year!

26. What do you want for Christmas this year? Truly? Just my family to get together.  Sappy, I know.

27. Does anyone in your family dress up as Santa? No.

28. Age you discovered who Santa was? I was 9, but somehow some "trickery" was involved and I managed to go another year!!!

29. Eggnog, hot chocolate, or apple cider? Never had apple cider, but I like Eggnog and Hot White Chocolate!

30. Traditional colors (red and green) or other colors? Ya know, I'm partial to Silver and Gold.

31. Do you have any Christmas decorations on your roof? NOPE

32. How does Santa get into your house? Chimney or magic key? Chimney

33. Do you prefer gifts or gift cards? Really, either one!!!

34. Favorite children's Christmas Cartoon?  Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas!!!
 
35.  Home baked goodies or store bought?  Well, I get with friends and we become "baking fools!"

36.  Dress up or down Christmas Day?  We usually dress down.  Christmas Eve is OUR night!

37.  Christmas Stockings: Stuffed FULL with GOOD gifts or fun little items?  We do fun little items like candy and "trial size" items and games.

38.  Advent Calendar?  No.  We have a mini chalkboard with "___ days 'til Christmas"

39.  Do you leave out milk and cookies?  We still do and my kids are teens!!!

40.  Sleep in on Christmas morning or up with the reindeer?  We sleep in a bit.

How fun is this?  Okay, you go now.  Feel free to post on your blog.

2 comments:

Jingle said...

These are such fun questions! I enjoyed getting to know more about you and your holidays!!! How fun!

Adele said...

LOL! That's awesome, V! I can't believe you've never had apple cider, though! That's just tragic. Come over and I'll get you some!!!