Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Survived!

Well, despite the muggies and the humidity, we all survived.  This was actually the FIRST year I did not have all the food ready at the stated time!!!  You know what?  No worries.  I just didn't care.  The spinach and artichoke dip was snacked on and they could start on the Gumbo.  I was waiting on my bread to bake and my oyster/rice dressing to warm through.  I had frozen it and forgot to take it out until the morning of.  geesh.
 My kitchen as I was beginning to get things together.  The pot on the stove with the foil is actually a 24 quart pot FULL of Gumbo!!  It was about 1/3 a way from the top. LOL


 My living room with a table set up with drinks, chips and my spinach dip.  My daughter, watching the Parade.


Another table set up in kitchen so we could all sit and eat!  It's amazing how I have the smallest house, but the LARGEST crowd! LOL  If it was a little bit cooler, we'd be outside.  We've done that in the past.
After we ate, we got ready for the BIG game:  Saints versus the Dallas Cowboys.  Talk about a nail biter!  OMG!  Typical.  Doing very well the 1st quarter then all of a sudden BAM!  It wasn't until the last 3 minutes of the game that it REALLY got interesting.  Thankfully, the outcome was good.
This morning, I slept in.  Felt good.  My body didn't.  I felt like I ran a half marathon.  Seriously.  My calves hurt.  My thighs ache as well as my hips.  Tuesday and Wednesday at work were quite busy and I think standing up MORE in my kitchen Thursday just added to it.  Just say'n.  My son and I went to the movies this morning and saw "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" part 1.  I don't think I can wait until July for the final.  It was good.  If you are a Potter fan and haven't seen it, you won't be disappointed.  
Now, I think I may just remove my scrap stuff from in front of the fireplace and burn some wood.  It has already dropped to the high 40's and is supposed to drop to the 30's by tonight!!!  Typical southern weather.  Winter just shows up!

No comments: