Thursday, September 16, 2010

New Friends and NEW Friends

Well, well, well.  It has been an interesting week to say the least.  On Wednesday I got to surprise a friend as she was traveling from the UK to the States.  I had tried once before to meet her at her connection and that failed.  Miserably.  This time, I planned accordingly.  I arrived a good 1 1/2 hours before her flight was scheduled to arrive.  I helped out a fellow co-worker who was also traveling, with her mother to get them to their next gate.  After that, I still had an hour.  Since I had to cross the ENTIRE airport to the other end, I jumped on the train and off I went.  I arrived at friend's gate and waited for arrival.  I see the plane pulling up to the terminal.


I then wait for them to "unload." LOL  I wait.  And wait.  And wait.  Then it dawns on me:  it is an "International" flight.  They have to go thru customs! DUH!!!  So I asked an Agent which direction to go and she obliges.  I get down there and again, I wait.  I see a flight attendant and ask her if that is Flight 11.  She says yes and that it shouldn't be too much longer.  I thanked her.  A few minutes later, I spot HER!
She is wearing the long sleeved white shirt.  As she turns around and starts walking toward me, I say "HELLO!"  She gave me the BIGGEST HUG!!!  She had forgotten that I had mentioned I was coming, so it was a pleasant surprise.  Now, the "Backstory." LOL   You see, this was the first time I had ACTUALLY met her in real life!!  yep.  You read that right.  We "met" many months ago on the "ScrapBuddies" site.  We have been "Skyping" with each other for a long while.  I DID meet her sister about a month ago on my "day trip" to Salt Lake City.  THAT was fun.  But finally, we met.  Here is a picture of the 2 of us:
She is a real SWEET HEART!!  She SOOOOOO reminds of my girl friend of MANY years.  They REALLY resemble each other.  UNcanny!!  Really.
Anyhow, we went and grabbed a soda and I got a sandwich.  For I did not get a full 3 course meal on MY flight! LOL  We chatted for a couple of hours before my flight home and her flight home.  Only, she didn't get on that flight.  Or the next one!  I don't know WHERE all those people came from.  She should have had NO PROBLEM getting on that flight.  I was baffled.  She did manage to finally leave at 9:30 at night and arrived home about midnight.  Bless her heart.  She said she fell asleep before take off and woke when the announcement was made that they were making their final descent!!!!  Man, was she really tired.  She finally got to meet her new nephew and hopefully, I'll get back up there to meet him myself.
Now, on to other "new" friends.  A couple of weeks ago I was contacted by CSN Stores to do another "Review."  I chose what I wanted, ordered it, received it yesterday.  This is what I received:
Isn't it pretty?  Let me show you what it really looks like:
I cannot wait to use it!!!  I actually have a meal in mind.  Will let you know how it turns out.  I REALLY LOVED her "Bubble & Brown" pans I got the last time.  Same Orange color.  I love Orange.  It's bright.  It's cheery.  It makes me Happy!!
That's it for now.  I'll be back later with some layouts I created along with my son's first high school swim meet.  He actually did well!
Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Toni said...

For I did not get a full 3 course meal on MY flight!
*****
BAHAHAAHAHA!!!! :D Don't I know it. We're non-revving in about 2 weeks. Should be a good time (uh hem). What a lovely story of meeting an online friend. SO cool!
Blessings,
Toni