Thursday, August 26, 2010

"Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall!"

Hello!!  How are you?  GREAT!  First, let me welcome you to the "Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall" Blog Hop.  This is being hosted by a talented group of ladies from Club CK.  If you didn't arrive here from Christy's Blog, please go to the beginning of the hop at Virtually Froggy and follow the blog hop in order.  By following the blog hop from the beginning to end you will collect words to a secret phrase which will make you eligible for the GRAND PRIZE!  Details for grand prize entry are posted at the start of the blog hop.  You WON'T want to miss it!!

Well, I've been working on a "mini album" for this blog hop.  It is to document your Summer.  It was made with coasters from restaurants I visited!  Some are round and some are square.  Here are some pictures to get you started and to give you a "Visual."



This is the "Star" of the show. It is all my materials I will be using.



The paper already cut for the coasters.  I then adhered the BOTH sides of the coasters using a strong glue stick.  This took a little time!



Continue gluing down until they are all done.  Next step is to sand the edges to give it a "distressed" look.  I also inked the edges to "finish" it up.


I then get my stamps and ink to create a "Cover Title" for my book!
I then created some journaling tags for the inside cover:
After, I bind it using whatever I have handy {LOL}  in this case, it was a ring!  I used my Big Bite to punch a hole thru the coasters.  I wrapped some ribbons and used a Tim Holtz clamp to hang from it.  I went back and embellished the pages.  And voila`, it is ready and waiting for pictures and words!!









Thanks for stopping by!  The next blog on your "Hop" is Janice's blog.  So HOP on over there for some FUN!  Don't forget to pick up your secret word for the phrase while there.  Mine is:  COMES
Again, thanks for stopping by.  Please leave a comment or a critique!  I just might have a little "scrappy" something to give away!!!

36 comments:

Jessie said...

I love making mini albums from coasters too! They are so much fun to make and yours is wonderful!

robinsnest said...

The coaster idea is awsome, I never thought of that.

Carol said...

Great idea using the coasters.

Adele said...

It's totally adorable, V! Sooooo cute.

bubbamommy said...

I had never thought of doing that! So cute!

MousEarz said...

I would NEVER have guessed that this started with coasters...what a fantastic idea!!! It looks fabulous!

Sagecat said...

What a cute album idea! Thanks so much for giving a detailed tutorial on how to make it!

Kim E said...

WOW, what a fabulous summer mini book. Super creative using coaster, Nice job! (3f)

Snips and Snails said...

Super cute album. I hadn't thought to mix up the square and circle coasters.

Vicki said...

Such a clever idea. Thanks for the instructions.

CEG Jennifer said...

Awesome Mini V!

Faye Marie said...

Great idea!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!!

Janice said...

Great idea! I can now see myself getting strange looks at restaurants as I gather up my family's coasters and put them in my bag!

Jingle said...

This is such a super cute mini! Great job!

heather_graham said...

GENIUS...using coasters from restaurants! they just throw them out too, what a great way to recycle! I love the colorway you chose, so summery and fun!

heather_graham said...

OH and i'm now following you! (that sounds kinda creepy huh?) LOL

Laci J said...

This is the cutest mini album ever! Gotta know what PP you're using.

Judy said...

Love your coaster album.. Also, love your blog!!!

GLOANN said...

What a neat idea for a mini-album from Miss Travel-A-Lot-to-Visit-Scrappy-Friends. (Man, a lot of dashes!!) Your album is so cute!

Briana said...

I'm a huge fan of mini-albums- I love yours!

charli said...

cool album! tfs!

no_time_2_scrap said...

I wanna make one now... thanks a lot... I have way too much to do as it is :)

nightsmile said...

Great album idea! Coasters, "who'd of thunk it?" You did! I love it!

Ginny Penn said...

I like your use of stamps.

Kelly Massman said...

What a fun mini album!!! I've become a new follower! Thanks for a chance to win a scrappy something... :-)

Caroleb said...

Loved your mini album

Heather said...

Love that you've repurposed coasters for your album. Thanks for sharing.

Jamie McG said...

Awesome mini!!! The thought to use coasters has never crossed my mind! I'm definitely going to give it a try. Thanks!

Resa said...

I have been wanting to try to make one of these. this one is particularly cute!! Great job!

The Kitch Family said...

What a neat idea! You make it look so easy. :) Thanks for sharing. Dana

McBuff / Janet said...

Great coaster book - I've been meaning to make one for ages.

mow180 said...

Cute mini album.

Steff said...

Love seeing your creative process! Thanks for sharing your project!

Tina said...

I love making mini albums but this one takes the cake I love it !!!! I have never seen one before Nice Job Love It !!! :)

Tiffany said...

great work! new follower!

Come check out my blog as well!

Froggy530 said...

I have never made a mini album from coasters. What a neat idea. I love the way you used circle and square ones. AWESOME job Veronica!!