Saturday, August 28, 2010

Dinner with Friends

In a few weeks, I'll be doing a review of some new, fun FOOD item.  Be on the lookout!  Now, let me segway into my post. LOL
As most of you may know, I took a trip to New York City.  I had the BEST time!  But not in the way you would normally think.  The BEST times were around dining tables ! O.M.G.  I ATE most ALL of the time.  It started Sunday night when I arrived.  Went to the Red Plum in Mamaroneck, New York.   As an appetizer, we ordered Indian Pancakes with a Curry dipping sauce! YUM!  We also ordered Edamame with sea salt and veggie mini rolls with a Thai Sweet Chili Sauce for dipping.  Double YUM!  I ordered as a meal, Red Plum Roll.  Here is the description: Spicy Tuna, King Crab, Avocado & Tempura Crunch wrapped with special Pink seaweed.  Here is a picture of my roll:
It was WONDERFUL!  Now, I only had an iced tea with dinner.  this time only.  Monday night, dinner was at Liv's.  It originally was supposed to be Sunday, but, there were changes in flight plans.  Anyway, Jen and her hubby joined us.  It was Puerto Rican food and it was DELISH!  Let me "Americanize" the food, empanadas, beans, rice and shredded beef.  We also had fried plantains.  And of COURSE there was Wine!  Here is a picture of the plate of food:

We had an incredible night.  Lots of laughter.  Tuesday we went down to "Little Italy" and ate at Da Nico's.  That was even better!!  Here is a picture of 3 of them standing in front of the restaurant as we wait for the rest of the group.
Doesn't look very big from the outside, but it was quite nice inside!  And the FOOD!  We had as an appetizer, Buffalo Mozzerella Caprese, Fried Calamari, and Bruschetta. Need I say?  WINE was also involved.  Quite a few bottles.  We had LOTS of laughter that night.  Here is a picture of the appetizers:
Wednesday dinner consisted of Sausage and Peppers and the remaining dinner from Monday night.  Pretty much cleaned out Liv's fridge! LOL  
Yes, my trip to New York pretty much revolved around food and wine!


Stay tuned for the "Sightseeing" portion of my trip! I will warn you now, it will more than likely be "photo heavy." LOL

1 comment:

Toni said...

Oh my garshk, you ate sooooo well! I want to eat at the place in Mamaroneck, because I'm vegetarian and your meal was right up my alley (and because it's quite fun to say "Mamaroneck", which kind of sounds like "Momma redneck", which sometimes I am. I just AM, okay?) ;D

And Da Nicos just LOOKS wonderful. So quaint. My kind of place. Sure wish I could have been there, but I'm definitely happy to live vicariously through your post.
Blessings,
Toni