Saturday, July 3, 2010

A BLAST was had by all! {part deux}

Okay, where did I leave off?  Oh yeah, "Touristy" thing.
Well, all of us except Debbie went on the "Original Wisconsin Ducks."  WHAT? you ask.  Well, let me show you what one looks like.


Yes, we rode on one of those.  You first start out on land, then you drive into the lake!  Pretty cool.  Just. like. a. Duck!  Now, let me show you some videos.
video
video


We really had a GREAT guide.  He was making jokes the entire time!  Now, let me show you some pictures that I took:
The last one is where the "break" was.  A little backstory.  I hope I can get it correct.  June 9th, 2008, Lake Delton drained into the Wisconsin River in a matter of 3 1/2 hours!  It was like a plug was pulled from a bathtub.  This area was where the water crossed over the highway. We were told that private investors and donations were made of minnows to help stock the lake so in a couple of years, fishing will return to full force.
After our "duck" tour, we went to dinner.  We went to Culver's. Yum Yum Yum!  It really was a GREAT burger.  I personally got the mushroom and swiss.  After, I got a frozen custard.  Delish!!  Then we all headed back to the house and the REAL foolishness began! LOL
video
OMG!  The laughter was F-L-O-W-I-N-G!  as well as the tears!  We DEFINITELY need to bring the "Adult Diapers" at our next get together.  We made sure we kept Jaime OFF the tables. LOL  Mr. Mojo was smooth and laid back with his "smoking jacket" and cigar! LOL  Gloria managed to NOT need her nitro, although I'm surprised.  "HV" was discussed as well as "HP" and we're NOT talking about printers!!!!!!  Little quiet Michelle shocked us ALL with an "off the cuff" comment!  You GO GIRL!!!!  
Yes, we had fun.  Yes, we actually got something accomplished.  Yes, we are changed women.  And poor Deb, Bless Her Heart!  I think we definitely SHOCKED her!  We are NOT your Mama's Scrapbooking Girls! ;-)   Can't wait to do it again!! 

2 comments:

kelliebean said...

Oh my! Gretchen holding up THAT finger??? I'm shocked! Okay, I'm not. :) Sooooo bummed I missed this one!

Kristin said...

You are braver than I....there is just something not right about those things that can exsist on land and water, lol!