Monday, May 31, 2010

Trip to NYC part deux ;^)P

So, after our dinner on Thursday night, I went home with"NenaNYC" and "CEG."  I got dropped off to "CEG" in the morning and she drove me to the airport.  Flight was scheduled to depart at 11:30.  Spoke to agent at check in and she told me that earlier flight didn't have any non-revs get on due to "weight restrictions." Ugh.  not good. Was able to get logged in using Wi-Fi and "speak" to DLeebug via skype.  We just texted back and forth.  Waiting on my flight time.  Didn't get on. Ugh. Again.  Weight.  Again.  So, next flight is 3 p.m.  Managed to get on.  YAY!  Wait.  Not. So. Fast.  Last one on plane. Last row.  Last seat.  Didn't care.  I was ON THE PLANE!!  Ground stop in Atlanta.  joy.  we had a ground stop.  due to weather.  bad weather.  two and one half hours sitting on a plane on the tarmac.  no internet service. ugh. grrrrr.  had no way of getting in touch with anyone!  Oh, did I mention that my phone was also on it's last leg?  yep.  Finally get to Atlanta.  Good thing {trying to be positive here} was that NOTHING was also getting out of Atlanta either.  Great.  Possibly could make my connection.  ANY connection, home.  Go to the gate.  RAN. FAST.  Only to wait.  Nope.  Didn't get on.  Neither did any other non-revs.  Go to the next concourse for the NEXT flight home.  Nope.  Again.  Didn't get on.  Try again.  By this time, I STILL couldn't get any Wi-Fi because apparently the weather messed that up.  Had texted my Supervisor to let her know chances of me getting home and to work tomorrow were slim and NONE!!  I felt horrible.  No worries.  Now, it's just about midnight and I am STILL waiting to get on a plane.  ANY plane headed toward home.  Not a seat.  Anywhere!  I am stuck in Atlanta for the night.  I have NEVER seen this airport as packed as it was.  I mean, every gate on 3 of the 4 concourses were FULL!!  I had to break down and buy another phone charger to charge my phone and wait, again, just for an outlet to open up!!  Last flight of the night was about 12:15 a.m.  Nothing.  Gate agent tells me which hotel I can go to that offers employee discounts.  Okay.  Beats staying at the airport, but at this point, truly didn't matter.  Hotel desk clerk was a Gem!!  I had spoken to her on the phone and she was quite busy and I told her, no worries, I was in no hurry.  She upgraded me to a room that is normally reserved for "Flight Crew."  I told her that wasn't necessary, but thank you.  By the time I got to bed, it was @ 1:30 in the morning.  Had to wake at 5:30 and leave by 6:45 to get to the airport to catch the first flight out which was 8:42 a.m.  Managed to grab a bite to eat.  Didn't eat since noon the day before!!!
8:42 flight was delayed until 9:30.  I didn't get on that one. ugh.  Next flight was 9:57!  Seriously?  How far did I have to go?  Would I have TIME?!  Luckily, it was the same concourse!  Whew.  5 gates down.  I walked.  Fast.  Get to the gate.  She asks, "you on this flight?"  Told her, "I'd LIKE to be.  I'm a non-rev."  HE asks my name and says he hasn't cleared me yet.  a few minutes later, he calls my name.  I am GETTING A SEAT!!  WOOO HOOOOO!  Had a VERY funny flight crew!  Hysterically funny.  I land home.  I kid you not, 15 minutes AFTER the flight I DIDN'T get on did! LOL  They were gate 4, me, gate 6!  I walk out and wait for the employee shuttle.  I get home about 11 a.m.  I am tired.  I nap.  Feel better.  Sunday, off to work.  It's slow.  Thank goodness.
All because I wanted to take a trip to meet up with some friends.  Next time, I'll plan better! LOL
Here is a layout I did, digitally, while waiting on the plane in White Plains, New York:
Here is a traditional layout I did.  "CEG" commented that, with my "experience" she could see a mastercard commercial layout!  I totally stole the idea and RAN with it! LOL
It was a "Challenge" that was posted by "NenaNYC" using 2 pieces of patterned paper, 1 piece of cardstock, alphas and ribbon.  I used my receipts from the phone charger and hotel.  Seriously?  I'd probably do it all over again!!!
Well, thanks for following this "Journey" with me.  It's been a real BLAST!!  Next post, I'll discuss my lovely son who just became a high school Freshman.  joy.

No comments: