Monday, April 12, 2010

First & Foremost ...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!  Not that he reads my blog, but in case he happens to "drop" by! LOL  Actually, he is down in Florida.  Not sure when he will return but when he does a nice, lovely birthday card that I lovingly made, will be waiting for him!!!

Okay.  Well.  I was extremely busy this weekend.  The annual "United Way Bridge Walk/Run" took place on Saturday.  Daughter and I participated.  She beat me by 4 minutes!  That's okay.  I beat my time from last year.  Again.  Felt really great.  After the race, we hung around the bridge park for food and drink and the band.  They were pretty good.  Take a look listen.



Here are a few pictures from the day.
But WAIT!  There's more.  No, not of the race.  Of the place we went to that night.  TOTAL SURPRISE to my daughter!!  Let me give you a few hints:
Got an idea yet? LOL  Okay, another clue:


Do you know WHO these people are?  My daughter sure did!  This is Lady Antebellum.  She was SO FREAKING EXCITED!!!!  Her very FIRST CONCERT.  But WAIT!  They were NOT the Main Attraction.  Nooooooooooooo!  It was:
Any ideas?  C'mon.  Anyone who is EVERYONE knows this guy!  Here is another one:
Getting a clue?




YEP.  TIM MCGRAW!!!!!  What a PHENOMENAL show PERFORMANCE!
Now, we didn't stay until the very end, because this "old" lady had to get up at 2:30 in the morning for work and HAD I'D KNOWN we were ACTUALLY going, I would have napped.  Like my daughter did.  I was exhausted from the race and then I printed pictures and created a mini album of the race!  Here is a video.  Enjoy!





It was a really GREAT show.  My daughter was extremely happy.  For one weekend, I was "Mother of the Year!"  and you know what?  It felt GOOD!!!  If only for a brief weekend.

2 comments:

luvzenkm2 (Leea) said...

Woohoo! You saw my main man Tim...I so need to go haven't been since 2003, but always always have a ball:) Sure looks different from his role in "The Blind Side" huh?

kelliebean said...

Holy Hotness, Batman! Lucky-Tim McGraw-seein'-woman, you!

And Happy Birthday V's dad! :) (It's the Awesome Uncle Brian's birthday, too!)