Thursday, February 11, 2010

This year is known as: "Lombardi Gras!"

 

It is still all surreal!  I still get goosebumps when I think about it.
My daughter went to the airport when they arrived back from Miami.  The CROWDS! *shock*  take a look:
 
They are parked FAR away!
 
That elevated road is the "Airport Service Road" that leads off the interstate.  People had stopped and parked.  Found out the next morning when I got to work, that some Airline Crew showed up late due to the traffic, causing a flight delay!
 
 
  
This was MORE than any parade!  Tuesday was the "Celebration" parade for the team.
 
  Of course, OUR MVP! Drew Brees!
 
Sean Payton, Head Coach
 #88 Shockey  #26 Duece!!!!

 It was a GREAT night!  Everyone had a good time.  LOTS of happy fans.
Now, let me show you a few pics from the ACTUAL night of the WIN!
 
  
  
  
Yes, neighborhoods were shooting off fireworks.  Blowing car horns.  It felt like New Year's all over again.  The French Quarter was PACKED!  The excitement was overwhelming and that is putting it mildly.
Well, that is just a quick synopsis of what has been happening since Sunday night.  I've finally had my voice return and the "High" is still going.  Our Saints deserve this time off.  May they rest up and start the next season with a BANG!  "Who Dat!"  "WE Dat!" "WON Dat!"
 

3 comments:

kelliebean said...

Dat awesome ;)

Celebrating with you!

Jingle said...

I was so excited for you guys!!!!

Kristin said...

I was so thinking of you when I saw that they won! Totally awesome and I bet Mardi Gras was a blast.

I MAJORILY miss the French Quarter and really hope we get the chance to go back.