Sunday, December 20, 2009

A Little Bit O'Christmas! {picture heavy}

Okay, my son took the initiative to decorate the outside of our home. Gotta give him "props." He went in the attic and took down all the boxes. He and my daughter were also going to put the Christmas tree up as well.


He is so PROUD!! LOL
Now, look at what my living room looked like after they "petered out" and quit!



This picture was taken at 3:30 in the morning! This is what I had to come home to after working and they were in school! I managed to get everything in order and placed the boxes in the hall by the attic for my son to put back. Really only took me about an hour and that was sweeping and mopping as well. Do you know when they got home from school they didn't even NOTICE! Seriously. They sat down on the sofa, watched TV and I said to them, "Excuse me. Do you even notice anything?" They were like, "No." "Umm, I cleaned and picked up the living room!" Response: "Oh yeah. I see it now." Smack! I think that is the only reason we have children, to test our patience. Yeah, that's it. Did I win yet?

Below is a picture of our decorated tree. I do not have anything on top! My Angel would have hit the ceiling and I had planned on getting something new, but I haven't had the chance. Oh well.

This is a silver music tree. It was given to me about 8 years ago by a parent of a child I used to watch. It plays "O Tannebaum." It goes on my mantle every year. It is very pretty AND heavy!
One year, I had nothing but "Santas" on my tree. I still put most of them on my tree along with some ball ornaments. Here are a few pics of the Santas.




I have more "Santa" things:



I'm sure there are more, but I won't BORE you. ;-) Christmas is right around the corner and I haven't wrapped ONE SINGLE GIFT!!! Have NO IDEA what I'm waiting for?! Planning a day trip Wednesday with my son. He's never been on a plane before so we are heading to Denver for the day. It should be fun. I plan on bringing my camera. I WILL be taking lots of pictures of him on his "First Plane Ride" at age 13! ROTFL!!! Then after Christmas, taking daughter to Chicago for a night. She already told me I could bring my camera and take lots of pictures and that she wouldn't say anything. Yeah, right. Like she HAS a say!!!!
Well, gotta finish up. Have a "Secret Santa" party to attend at the message board! We plan on opening our gifts and posting after! FUN. Then, it's bedtime for me! Have a great week. If I don't post before then, MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL! Please enjoy your time with your family and friends and don't forget what it is all about! God Bless.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Your decorations are soooo pretty! Very cool that you got help for the outside, (even if it was only the fun part and not the cleaning up part).

I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Adele said...

Love the lights outside. Your DS did a fabulous job!! I also love your tree. I haven't every managed to get anything on the top of my tree. Haven't found the right angel yet. My mom's is a handmade angel. She made it for my parents' first Christmas together. It's made out of scraps of her wedding dress and some crocheted doilies made by my great-grandmother. I LOVE that thing. And I'm holding out for something equally fabulous.