Monday, June 22, 2009

Details of my first week in "The REAL World!"

Well, I started working last week. Talk about an adjustment. Not the "getting up and getting ready" part, the ACTUAL driving to work! I am an earlybird, so I was usually ready in plenty enough time. All I know, my feet and legs are KILLING ME! The first 2 days I sat at a computer terminal taking a "Tutorial" on Customer Service and "Handling Customers with Disabilities." joy. It took me actually 3 days to complete both CD's. Monday, I had to go to the Security office and take ANOTHER TEST!!
I had to sit at another computer terminal and watch a video. Ater each section, I had to take a quiz. I could only miss 2 or I would have to come back the next day and do it all again. Thank GOD I passed! I then had to go to another office to get my airport ID. Then I walked and walked and walked to the Parking office to get my parking pass for the employee parking lot. By the time I left, it was already after 4! I totally missed lunch! Tuesday, not only did I miss lunch, again, I didn't even eat breakfast!! I was soooo not a happy person when I got home. REALLY not Happy! I couldn't even tell you what I did. I was tired. Wednesday I worked in the lobby and helped out customers at the kiosks. I even pulled tags for the luggage and placed the luggage for TSA to check. It was fun, but I REALLY need to find some decent, comfortable shoes for that HARD floor. It's okay if I am behind the counter, but if not ...
About to start the last week of Swimming. Tonight and Thursday are the last 2 of the season. Invitational is in July. Here are some pictures from last week and a video.



video

We won against Ellington. On Thursday, headed over to Belle Terre. We won that one also. They have only lost one and that was against Larayo. No surprise there!! Tonight they swim against LaVacherie and Thursday, Riverlands. Two tough swim teams. Not sure HOW we'll do. They have lots of "year-round" swimmers. Here are some pictures from last Thursday's meet against Belle Terre!






Well, that is about it for now. Both kids left yesterday for the week. Ryan will be coming in on Monday and Thursday for the swim meets. He is at Boy Scout Camp while Emilie is in Gulf Shores! Ahhhh, a break from the 2 of them. Now THAT'S what I call a "Vacation!" Have a good one. I'll post when I have time!! God Bless.

1 comment:

kelliebean said...

I don't know how you made it through those first couple of days! YUCK. DH had to go through all of that stuff for his airline jobs, too. Give me in-services anyday! ;)