Wednesday, March 18, 2009

WHAT can I say? {action packed and LOADED with pictures}

It's been over a week since I've posted!!Shocked
Well, I have GOOD reason! I left town on Thursday morning and didn't arrive until late in the evening on Monday!!! I got to meet 3 ScrapBuddies from the Message Board!Bounce
"Oreosmom", "NenaNYC" and "EnglishGirl in NY." We had a BLAST!!
Let me begin at the beginning...
I woke at 2 a.m. Thursday morning due to the fact my hubby was snoring. LOUDLY. I was also a little anxious about my trip. I went into the living room and watched some shows I had recorded. About 3:30, I took a shower and then packed up the rest of my things. Left for the airport about 4:30. Flight was at 6 a.m. Went from New Orleans to Atlanta to Richmond, VA. Arrived in Richmond about 30 minutes later than scheduled. Not too bad. Traffic in Atlanta! When I arrived, called "Oreosmom" and asked, "Are you still waiting for me?" LOL This is what I saw:
How funny!!??!! We then retrieved my bags, put them in the car, and drove 6 hours to Connecticut! Without stopping to use the restroom!!Shocked
I guess we got to the hotel @ 7 p.m. or so. We ate in the restaurant there. Then we headed back to our room to get settled. We took out our laptops to log in to the message board, but they didn't have "free" wi-fi!! We started giggling. It was too funny. We wound up getting a phone call from the front desk that too much noise was coming from our room. Someone had complained!Shocked 1 WHAT!!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS? That only made us giggle MORE! Here we were, 2 women, sharing a room, with a King-sized bed {only imagine what was thought!} and NOW, there was a NOISE COMPLAINT??!! Laughing 2 Oh well.
Went to sleep. Woke the next morning, ordered breakfast and waited for "NenaNYC" to show up! We went and took our scrap stuff from the car to place into the ballroom we had for the weekend. Had the perfect spot reserved for us. Last table, next to the window!! Let the FUN begin!! I felt a little "naked" for I only brought some paper and pictures. Couldn't pack any of my "tools" for fear it would have been taken away by security! But the girls were just wonderful and shared EVERYTHING!!! I swear, we were like a bunch of teenagers! It felt so good to get away. To finally meet these people I'd been "conversing" with on the Message Board for a year or so! It was like we'd known each other forever!! We always warn our children about the internet and meeting people IRL, and what do I do? Did I get flack from my kids?!!! When "Oreosmom" and I spoke to our spouses, we told them we didn't get "chopped up!" LOL Would have made for a good "Friday the 13th" movie. Bunch of Scrapbooking Gals meeting each other for the first time .... would give new meaning to the word "CROP!"Smile

"NenaNYC" brought a bottle of wine for us to enjoy Friday night. LOVED IT! Saturday night, we had some more wine with dinner! We were served dinner that night at the crop. DELISH!! About 10 p.m. we head to the hotel bar for a "Birthday Drink" for "NenaNYC" because her birthday is next week. Green Apple Martini's for ALL! Got kicked out of the bar. No. Not for the reason you guys WANT it to be. They closed. Wound up back in the Crop Room to get back to working. "Oreosmom" decided to teach a "Technique Class." That was too funny. During the "teaching", Salsa dancing was going on! Yes, the 2 "Latina Gals" were dancing to Salsa music. Here's a little video:





Here are a few pictures from the "Teaching"






It was actually very informative! "NenaNYC" learned a lot. She didn't know how to do the techniques that "Oreosmom" taught. I think we went to bed about 1 a.m.!! Woke the next morning and had brunch at the hotel, then headed back upstairs to the crop room. We then were "forced" to do a challenge that "Scrapthat" had posted on the MB. It was a lot of fun. It was a "Stash" challenge, but it didn't say "WHO'S" stash! LOL Good thing! We had to use 3 flowers, something "Timmy" and an embossing effect of some sort. This is mine:


I happened to have found these pictures in the bag I had packed! My son, who is now 13, was just 1 when these pictures were taken!! Anyway, have the flowers, the mat behind the pics are embossed papers and the top swirl is grungeboard that is stamped with "Timmy" inks as well! I'd say, CHALLENGE COMPLETE.
It was sad to have to pack up to leave on Sunday. But "Oreosmom" and I had a long drive back to Richmond. We said our goodbyes and headed out. Arrived in Richmond about 9:30 that night. Her hubby took us to eat. It was a great little diner! Loved it. I then got the "10 cent Tour" around Richmond. Very historical! Didn't know a lot. Would LOVE to go back.
Monday morning, left the house and went to Panera's for Brunch. Then stopped at the local scrapbook store and I purchased items I couldn't get here! Had fun trying to pack that stuff into my suitcases!!! Didn't leave ENOUGH room I guess! I had packed a heavy coat, but turned out that I really didn't need it. Darn. Could have had MORE room! LOL
My flight back did not go without excitement! Atlanta was having some terrible weather which caused LOTS of delays! It was fun though. I arrived home 2 hours later than originally scheduled, but it was fine. I took some pictures from the plane as we were descending into New Orleans.







Felt good to finally be home. Hubby was happy to see me!! As great as it was to be gone those 5 days, and I needed that break from family and the everyday routine, it still is always great to return HOME!

Well, I have some catching up to do! Pictures from my trip, the Flat Girls visit here, and Jessica Sprague's On-line class I've been taking! It's going to take me awhile to get back on track! I'll be back later to post!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a BALL!!!!!! ;)

Oreosmom LOL!!!

Scrapthat said...

Too cool!!! Is that even Salsa music or did the Appletinis just make it sound that way to ^ LOL!
Glad you gals had fun, glad you did my challenge and wish I could have been there!
:0)

Jaimie Lea said...

It is always good to return home!!
So glad you got a little R&R though or partied like a scrap star, whatever works :)

kelliebean said...

How fun! So glad you had a wonderful time and are back home safe and sound - you've been missed in bloggy-land. :)

Livia aka NenaNYC said...

I'm glad you came to visit us Northern gals at the crop. Had a great time hanging with you and the others. And yes, Scrapthat, there was actually salsa music playing! Oreosmom and I have a decent collection between my iPod and her iPhone!

Kristin said...

I so glad to here that you had a blast. Can't wait to see the LO's that you scrap with your IRL pictures!