Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Project 365 - Catch Up!




Well, the top one is from yesterday and the bottom one is Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
You know, I received the kit on Friday, but I haven't had a chance to put it all together! I've been doing this digital portion just to run on my blog, but it will help with the journaling when I go to start putting it together!
I visited Angie's Blog "Sun, Sand, Surf and Scrap It!" and she had posted something that really hit home for me. The reason it hit home, is because of my resolution for this year. Let me share it.

1) Take a 10-30 minute walk every day, and while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.

2) Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to.

3) Always pray, eat right and always make time to exercise.

4) Spend more time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of six.

5) Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less foods that are manufactured.

6) Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat broccoli, almonds and walnuts.

7) Make at least three people smile each day.

8) Clear your clutter from your house, car, desk and let new and flowing energy into your life.

9) Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead, invest your energy in the positive present moment called "NOW".

10) Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class, but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.

11) Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a layman and dinner like a beggar.

12) Life isn't fair, but it's still good.

13) Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.

14) Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.

15) You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.

16) Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present. ALL YOU HAVE IS NOW!

17) Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

18) Go on and burn those 'special' scented candles, use the 600 thread count sheets, the good china and wear fancy clothes now. Stop waiting for a special occasion. TODAY IS SPECIAL!

19) No one is in charge of your happiness except you. Don't Worry ... Be Happy! It's A CHOICE!

20) Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, will this matter?'

21) Forgive everyone for everything.

22) What other people think of you is none of your business.

23) Time heals almost everything. Give time, time!

24) However good or bad a situation is, it will change.

25) Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and family will. Stay in touch with them.

26) Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.

27) Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need. God provides, remember?

28) The best is yet to come.

29) No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.

30) Do the right thing!

31) Call your family often.

32) Each night before you go to bed, complete the following statements:
'God, I am so very thankful for __________.' 'Today I accomplished _________.'

33) Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.

34) Enjoy the ride. Remember that this is not Disney World and you certainly don't want a fast pass. You only have one ride through life so make the most of it and enjoy the ride.
LIVE, LOVE, LAUGH LIFE'S A gift. That's why now is called the PRESENT ... UNWRAP IT!

I am happy to say, I do follow just about ALL 34 lines! Life is too short. It's time to live. Now. Not save it for later.

Okay, let me tell you about my weekend. It, of course, started with Volleyball on Friday night. We had a game at 8:15. If we won it, we played again at 9:15. Best 2 out of 3. Well, we won the 1st game, lost the 2nd so we had to play a 3rd! It was tough, but we won that match! 9:15, play again. Same thing, won the 1st, lost the 2nd, had to play a 3rd. This game went back & forth! Great Volleys went on. We pulled it through!! Won that match! Now, we play the final match on Friday night. 6:15. If, no, WHEN we win, we win it all!! Now, I'm not getting "cocky" or anything, I just want to win after all the crap we had to deal with in this league! Can you blame me?
Saturday, I went and got my hair done. I then went and ran some errands before we had to leave for our Bonco Party. I went to Best Buy and got/upgraded my MP3 player. I had a Sansa 250 and it was good, but I went for the Fuze. It looks a lot like an IPod, but it has a built in radio and voice recorder. I really like it. We went to a friend's for Bonco. Lots of food and drink and LAUGHS!! OMG! Too funny. The guys seemed to have run the night! My sister and 2 of the guys had a roll off for "Most Boncos." She lost. Then my neighbor, who has never played before, won 1st! There was a tie for 2nd and 3rd place and they were saying that since it was between me and my hubby, it didn't matter. O contrare my friend, it DOES MATTER!! There was a $10 difference. We rolled. I won!! HA! Not that I'm competitive or anything. hee hee hee.
I slept in Sunday. Hubby and I went to the grocery and he went to work a little earlier. I kinda "vegged" out. Then "Wham" Monday was here. Back to the "grind." Speaking of, I need to give my "attention" to the baby "chikens" now. Man, they are "demanding" aren't they? :) God Bless...

4 comments:

Toni said...

Argh! You're doing project 365? I soooo wanted to, but I know me. It just wouldn't happen (still have to complete day 25 of my 25 days of Christmas altered book.) Hope to see some glimpses of your project throughout the coming year.
Blessings,
~Toni~
p.s. Whoa! The word verification is SISTER. Love that.

kelliebean said...

Oh, yeah, gettin' competitive with the hubby! Love it!

I've already challenged mine to a Guitar Hero showdown this weekend. We've been in TX this week and I brought the Wii (w/ said game) so I could practice and he couldn't. Yep. I know how to play THAT game! ;)

jandbsmom said...

V I love your digital layouts. AND I have the same 34 line daily things in my inbox. My cousin in Kentucky sent it to me over the weekend. And I was going to post it on MY blog. LOL :D. Congrats on your games and good luck this week. ;)

Dettao said...

Those are great. I'm going to save them. Thanks for sharing. I love it that you play volleyball! I wish I could do something like that. I miss being active.