Friday, January 16, 2009

Here's Something New! "Friday Fill-In"

I first saw this a couple of weeks ago at Angie's Blog. She got it from here.

1. Enough with the ignorance.

2. Stupidity causes me to be conflicted.

3. I've been craving fresh-baked yellow cake.

4. Life makes me laugh.

5. I wish I could go to New York next week.

6. My Mom has been on my mind lately.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to playing V-ball, tomorrow my plans include "Boot Camp" and Sunday, I want to SCRAP!

How cool is this? You just fill in the blanks. In this case, my "fill-ins" are BOLD.
I find it somewhat cathartic. Freeing. This could definitely be part of my change this year, meaning, just going with the flow!! Are you in? Then join me on Fridays for "Friday Fill In!"

Well, I have a BIG game tonight. We begin play at 6:15. We play a team we haven't played before! They are on our schedule, but the ONE NIGHT there was that schedule change and we had to FORFEIT the games, it was against THAT team! So, if you think we are going to let them win, well.....
After that game, we play the first place team. We have to beat them twice because they haven't lost a game yet and it's "Double Elimination." This is the team that has 2 very HARD servers! That's all they got. Not much "game play" when they get these 2 guys serving! Kinda boring. I SO WANT TO TAKE THEM DOWN!!!!! Not that I'm competitive or anything. I'm not. Three of my teammates are. Really. Oh, OKAY! Stop laughing. NOW! I KNOW I'm COMPETITIVE! Geesh. Lighten up. ;-)
Tomorrow begins the first day of "Boot Camp." I am going to FREEZE my hiny off! If only that was my issue. LOL I'll be dressed and prepared. I hope. I'll let you know how it goes.
I was asked to sub Sunday in the Monthly Volleyball Tourney they have, but, I turned it down. I can't believe it either. It's just that last weekend I wasn't home and we were supposed to take the kids to the movies or even bowling. They have off school Monday, so it's a long weekend for them. I'm also off, BUT.... one of my former "chikens" doesn't have school and her mom asked me if I could watch her! What was I gonna say? It's not like I'll sleep in or anything. Well, I could and just open the door in my P.J.'s, that's happened before. Have to wait and see. I also told the Mom that I WAS NOT available for her Monday, Tues and Wednesday of Mardi Gras Week. I will be working that Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, and I was NOT taking anyone on Wednesday! I originally have off, and I do PLAN on sleeping in that day!!! She wasn't thrilled, but, oh well. She keeps giving me a hard time about "retiring" telling me that I'll regret it! I laughed and told her, that's fine, but I'm gonna at least find out if I regret it! It's not like a regular job. If after a few months I want to return to watching kids, they'll be ringing my phone off the hook and knocking my door down!! Believe me, there will be kids to watch!! I just need a break!
Well, need to get back to "work." Have a great weekend. God Bless ....

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Yellow Cake sounds good right now, lol.