Tuesday, December 2, 2008

What the TRUE Meaning of Christmas Should Be!

Here is something I "borrowed" from Jingle's Blog. It is absolutely DEAD ON!




I am happy to say, my kids know the true meaning of Christmas. For years they have only gotten 3 gifts from us because that is what Jesus received. We usually have a "Birthday" cake on Christmas as well. I am proud to say that I belong to a wonderful Church community that does A LOT for the community! We've even had services cancelled on the weekend in order to get out and commune! Anything from bringing food, to painting school gyms, planting trees, visiting neighborhood assisted living centers and general cleaning up parks! We have, for 15 years, planted tables outside the local Walmart in December and wrapped gifts. FOR FREE!!! This year, we were asked to do this at a local Mall!! It is phenominal what our Church does. I am proud to be an active member!
Have a great Holiday Season. Blog ya later...........

5 comments:

Jingle said...

Thank you so much for passing this on! These things are so important and I am so happy to hear that you make them a priority in your family! Keep it up!

kelliebean said...

That is fantastic! I'll have to show you what we do to our Christmas/Birthday cake (it's a little something my uber-talented grandmother started). :) Your church sounds wonderful, too.

jandbsmom said...

What a POWERFUL video. I may have to borrow it from you to put on my blog. Thank you so much for sharing.

Toni said...

Great post. Great video. Great job! And let us not forget to kick the political correctness bandwagon's wheel and wish EVERYONE a MERRY CHRISTMAS as we go about our daily business of grocery shopping, paying for gas, etc.
Blessings,
~Toni~

Amy Jo said...

*nods knowing Ms. V was a wise woman the first time I read her blog*

I totally agree with this post and I'm so happy that you have a great church to be an active member in. To me, the things you mentioned is what "church" was meant to be about...fellowship, help for your fellow man/woman/child.

You've given me those warm fuzzy feelings...thank you! *Hugs*