Friday, December 12, 2008

"The Promise"

What a "heavy" night last night! I mean, such strong, beautiful women who told their "stories." I was very much touched. I also was reminded, that I am a "Woman of God" and I am doing what his will is. At least trying to. As mothers, we take on so much. Our emotions run the gamut from sheer joy to sheer fear! Our worries are not few! We are busy taking care of others, that we often neglect ourselves in the process. We need time to ourselves. To recharge. Remember why we decided to take on the role. It isn't an easy process to do, but with the help of God and the support of friends, we do it. We love it. Wouldn't change it for anything! But that still doesn't stop us from feeling, at times, neglected, un-loved, disrepected, terrible mothers or pathetic women! We are given the "tools" that we need to survive, to nurture, to be nurtured. To love and to be loved. We just need to re-learn how to use those tools. We also need to take the time to nurture and love ourselves. I know, I know, easier said than done. Maybe we can take this into consideration as we approach the coming new year. I'm going to try.
I am re-thinking, praying about what I should be doing in my life. I have stated that I will be "retiring" as a childcare provider come the end of May, but now, I am truly not sure. I feel it's time to move on. I've been doing this just about 11 years now. My heart has been touched by many who have passed through. I am greatful to have been able to do this! I have met and have remained good friends with many of the parents. My life has been surely blessed! I was also able to have 2 children of my own. Not without complications, but 2 children nonetheless. They are older and have had the wonderful opportunity to have many "siblings" without actually having them! I think they are ready for me to "move on" as well.
Whatever I decide, the decision will be a tough one, but hopefully the best and "right" one.
Let me share a few photos from last night's program. They are a little blurry, but you can still make them out. I have a picture of the tree that is in the front "coffee area." I think it stands 12 feet tall! Absolutely beautiful. Then I have some pictures of some of the ladies who were in the skit. Overall, it was a great night to be one of "God's Women!"




I really enjoyed this program. It was not what I expected. Not at all. But it did put things into perspective. More clear. This holiday season already was going to be different, now, it's going to be just as important! So as you "scramble" around, setting things up, shopping among the "chaos" please remember what the TRUE meaning of this season is. The "Promise" that was made to us over 2,000 years ago!

6 comments:

Tya said...

Looks like a beautiful program. And you're right, we do sometimes feel inadequate and unappreciated. But we wouldn't be the women we are if we didn't. Remember that God's plan is not always our plan. {HUGS}

Veronica said...

So, true Tya! Sometimes I just want a little "hint" into His plan! LOL

Toni said...

I would have liked to attend that program as well. And all the photos are great, but I especially like the one of the tickets. The font,...only a scrapbooker could look at it that way, lol.
Blessings,
~Toni~

kelliebean said...

That sounded like a powerful show! True, finally deciding on something so big is tough, but God will lead you in the right direction. I'm praying for you, for clarity in making that decision...and peace with what you end up deciding to do.

Amy Jo said...

Hello my friend,

I think this program is powerful and wonderful. I'm a BIG believer in prayer and the effects of it! I envy you hearing the "stories" of all the blessings that have been recieved and what I think is powerful "prayer" women with life-changing stories. I hope it gives you power, thankfulness and blessings!

Bless you and your family during this holiday season! Much love and HUGSSSS!

Jaimie Lea said...

Veronica, touching post, wish I could have seen it too.
Everything will turn out well with the decision you have to make.
I am sure of it!
Merry Christmas,
Jaimie lea :0)