Monday, December 8, 2008

On the 8th Day of December

Today is the half way mark until my next birthday!Birthday Pinata

Now, I won't admit to how old I'll be. Not yet. But let's just say, my kid's have the Fire Department on "standby!"

What a weekend. We had our first on-line crop this weekend and there were so many cool projects! Unfortunately, my weekend was so "broken up" that I couldn't sit down for more than a couple of hours! I really didn't get much accomplished! I did Tim Holtz's Day 7 Christmas tag. That took me hours to complete! I didn't have all the products he used, but I think it came out okay! I am still missing one of the Snowman's arms! I'll find it when I clean up and I'll just attach! hee hee hee. Look. What do you think?



It looks pretty cool in person. Today's tag looks simple, but elegant. Gonna try that one today. I need to go and find some of the "Crackle" paint he is using. It makes it look like glass! Oh well. I'll make do. Again.
We put up a Christmas tree yesterday. Finally. I tell ya. My hubby is really being a "Scrooge" this year! He is just NOT INTO Christmas! The kids and I went and bought a Frasier Fir that stands about 4 feet tall. I wanted a small one to put on top of the credenza in the living room. I don't think it looks to bad.



It isn't easy trying to take a picture of a Christmas Tree! I'm gonna try tonight, with all the lights off! Here is a picture of my mantle:


I have 2 more stockings to hang, but I need hangers. One is Riley Dog's and the other is Maggie's! I'll go get some this weekend. Here are pictures of the outside of my house. No lights this year. Told you, hubby. Scrooge.







The above are a bucket I have on my door, a slate that I got from the Fall Festival at the Plantation Home a few years back, then, a wooden Santa that I can't remember where I got it!
I have some signs that haven't been put out yet. By the weekend. I hope.
Well, that is a glimpse into what has been happening the last couple of days. Now, to just get them into my December Album! :o I'll try. There needs to be MORE daylight hours. Well. Maybe just more hours so I can rest! Tomorrow, I'll post some pictures of some of the ornaments on my tree! Gotta go get my Christmas Cards in the mail! Blog ya later.....

5 comments:

Livia aka NenaNYC said...

Veronica
Your Tim Tag is great and I love your X-Mas decorations!!!! TFS. makes me want to sing, Fa la la la.....

kelliebean said...

Love it all!!!

What's up with hubbies this year? Mine's scroogy, too. I had to do the outside lights myself. I wouldn't have done it, but the kids love them. Now we just need to get on with our tree...

Hey! Your halfway is close to my actual b-day! :)

Jaimie Lea said...

everything looks beautiful!
good luck on your December Album. :)

Glamorous Life of a House Wife said...

Thanks for the peek into your home!! So fun! Your decor is wonderful! :)

Toni said...

That tag is gorgeous! And I enjoyed the tour of your Christmas decorations as well. I'm attempting Ali's 25 days of Christmas mini book. It's fun and is keeping me focused on something special about each day.
Blessings,
~Toni~