Sunday, November 2, 2008

Summary of Halloween!

Well, well, well. What a night! Our local high school team had a football game. We won. 46 - 0! Next week, last game of the season, until the Playoffs. Finished last year 15 - 0 with a State Championship win. Plan on doing it again.

Went to my friends for party. Ended up dressing up. The comments I received!! Here is how most of them went:

"So, how does it feel to be dressed normal?"
"Mrs. Veronica, I thought you were dressing up tonight?" and my fave,
"The one time a year, you can really be yourself!"

If you haven't a clue as to what I was dressed like, it was a witch! I am going to post some pictures. My sister and brother in law took the prize with their costume! Way too funny!


My BIL is hysterical! I shot some video:




It really didn't capture the "Full" effect, but he was sooooo funny! My sister told the hostess thanks for hosting their "Reception" there! She was happy to do so! They were so funny. My BIL is a load of laughs. He leaves today. He is in the military and has headed out. Supposed to be back in time for Thanksgiving. Let's hope so. Godspeed. Praying for a safe return.

Here are some other pictures of the evening:






"Jack Sparrow", our host!!




It was a fun time.

Saturday, I "played" in my front gardens. I was supposed to go "dress shopping" for something to wear to 2 weddings I have the week of Thanksgiving. I wasn't in the mood. I figured, you don't have to "try on" plants! LOL Here are a couple of shots:







Kept it simple. In a few more weeks, I'll probably add some more color. I am missing my pumpkins!! Usually, the night of Halloween, at the end, we go up to the Boulevard by the Methodist Church and get the extra pumpkins that didn't sell! This year, there weren't any!! I usually get 4 or 5 and place them on porch and in the garden. Darn. Guess I have to go buy some. Not. I usually end up throwing away some pumpkins right before Thanksgiving because they start rotting!! We just don't have cool enough weather!! It's too damn hot! LOL
Well, hubby left for his detail at the airport. I need to finish up the laundry and clean up the house. I don't know, maybe I'll leave the "clean up" for tomorrow's "HOP" {Hour of Power}. This is, for those who don't frequent our Message Board, a time where we list what needs to be done that day. We support each other and kind of help them stay on track! Most of the time it's pretty successful!
Hope you had a good weekend. Blog ya later......................

5 comments:

lmerie said...

Looks like fun! And your yard looks great! The mums are beautiful.

kelliebean said...

Woo-hoo! At least someone had a good football weekend!

Love the scarecrows! You know, our pumpkins lasted Friday night thru today. Ugh. I'm so movin to Bucksnort, TN. I'll bet it's fall there! ;)

LOVE the party pics and video! It's like Halloween and Big Redneck Wedding all in one! LOL!

Will keep your BIL in prayers.

Toni said...

LOL! The halloween garb is hysterical. And the flowers on the porch, just GORGEOUS. TFS.
Blessings,
~Toni~

kelliebean said...

btw, I got the same comments as you the year I wore my Goofy garb to school/work. :)

elizabeth said...

that's awesome!!!


too funny!! :)