Sunday, November 30, 2008

Hope Everyone enjoyed...

... their holiday with family and friends. I did! This was the first year that I hosted Thanksgiving Dinner without any of my hubby's "people" there!! Usually, it is only for his family, my in-laws. But, not this year. Nope. My sister and her husband, my neighbor/friend from down the street and her sister and brother in law and 2 girls and US! Yup. That was it. It was a drizzly day, but we enjoyed it nonetheless. We had roasted turkey, ham, gumbo, potato salad, green beans, sweet potatoes, rolls, and Pumpkin Cheesecake AND Chocolate, chocolate cake! To say we fell into a "food coma" is an understatement!! Actually, I didn't eat that much for I wasn't feeling well. I came down with a full blown cold! And that sucks to. Holiday weekend. I'm off. Sick. Didn't even get out of my p.j.'s all weekend! Well, I did today. Had to go to the grocery and get regular food!
Didn't even get my Christmas decorations down. And I so wanted to do that this weekend. Going to have to get it done this week. I didn't even get to go to my friend's party Saturday night! I was so disappointed. I was looking forward to it, but I knew I couldn't go and cough on everyone! I'm a considerate person. Wednesday night, at the wedding, we left before the cake was cut, because I was so congested, I couldn't even catch my breath! I was miserable. We went out to grab a bite to eat Saturday evening and when I finished, I did a little shopping for my "Secret Santa" just so I can get it out!! I did run into someone I know. Used to keep her little granddaughter! Good thing I cleaned up before I went out!! My hubby had to go to Office Max and I picked up some pencil boxes to put my scrap pens in, then we came home. I changed into my "ja-ja's" and took some "sneezing, sniffling, coughing, stuffy head, fever, so I can rest" medicine. I was sleeping before 9 p.m. and awake by 7:30 a.m. I tell ya, my sleeping patterns have been erratic. Need to get back on schedule.
I have been watching television. All the shows I DVR'd. With the exception of "Private Practice!" Somehow, that got messed up! Have to catch it on line. But I did get caught up on "Criminial Minds" and "C.S.I. New York." Watched a movie on Starz. "Untraceable" with Diane Lane. Very good. Also watched "This Christmas" with Regina King. Funny. That was on HBO on Demand. Tried to watch movies I didn't get to go and see or even rent. I'm telling you, I was a "couch potato" all weekend!! I did manage to prepare dinner today. Turned my steamed green beans into a casserole. Made some more gravy for the turkey. and made mashed potatoes! That was it. Dinner. Hubby ate before he went to work. Had a detail at the airport. Probably will be very busy out there tonight. People leaving and arriving from the holiday. He'll be on the concourse. Delta. Last flight usually comes in around 9:30 p.m. He'll be there until midnight!
This week, I'll post the pictures of us before the wedding, that my children took. Lord knows what they really look like. Might have to "photoshop" them! LOL Speaking of pictures. I can't believe I didn't take any of Thanksgiving!! I just wasn't feeling it. I was able to just sit and enjoy the company. Worked out great that way. Everyone enjoyed the food. Talked about me NOT making a "Peanut Butter" pie! Damn brother in law! Cause he knows, when I make them, yes "THEM", there is one WHOLE PIE just for HIM! My family has been asking for the recipe, but I won't give it up! Nope. Never. Actually. It is really quite simple. But my family doesn't "do" simple! LOL Oh well. Guess it goes "with me." I told BIL, I would make it for Christmas, along with my Gumbo and potato salad with his put on the side. He doesn't like egg in his and I'm nice enough to take some out before I add the eggs!! See. I am a nice person.
Well, I am getting tired and I want to get some good rest before hubby gets home!!!! His snoring just might bother me, unless I take some more "sniffling, sneezing, aching, stuffy head, fever, so I can rest" medicine! But then, I don't want to be groggy in the morning for the "chikens." Have a good night. Blog ya later......

3 comments:

Amy Jo said...

awwww ((((((BIG OL HUGS)))))
Sorry you're feeling bad, my friend. Those colds sometimes get the best of us. I hope you're feeling better soon. (Sometimes, just being in our jammies all day makes us feel better in that situation!) Sending good vibes and cyber chicken noodle soup your way!

kelliebean said...

What a cruddy way to spend the holiday weekend. I'm glad you're at least feeling better enough to blog again! :) Still, it sounds like you enjoyed Thanksgiving with the family (next time, make BIL the pie...just cough in it a couple of times first - lol!). Take it as easy as you can with those chikens today!

Dettao said...

I hope you are feeling better soon. Thank you for being such a faithful reader of my blog. I get such a lift when I see a comment with your name on it.