Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Like Mother, Like Daughter!! {too funny}

Here is a funny story. My daughter took her friend 2 doors down, to show her the house. We have keys to the house. We know the owners. They do not live here. They moved about 2 yrs ago. House is up for sale. There was a couple who leased the house for a couple of months, but moved out a month ago. It just so happened that the owner called me today! She was concerned because a "fence guy" was going to place poles down and rebuild the fence that came down during the last hurricane. Long story, short, neighbor's dog behind them, was out and in the yard! She wanted to know the best way to handle.
Back to my daughter. Her and her friend left the house, locked it up. Meanwhile, my son was across the street on his skateboard and saw them. He called out, "Ooh, you're breaking and entering!" Grant it, he should have kept his mouth shut. He's 12. Enough said. Well, I brought my daughter to dancing and when I returned, there were not 1, but 3 police units in front of the house!! Apparently, there was a teen in the garage where my son was, and took it completely out of context! When I first saw them, I thought, that's not because my daughter was there? I blew it off. Then another unit showed up, making it 4!! I told my hubby to go and see what was going on. Helloooooo, you are with the department, I'm sure you know 1 of them! Sure enough, they were there because there was a call. My hubby told him that we know the owners, have a key to the house, and we are keeping an eye on it for them! They understood and relieved that they didn't have to write some HUGE, LONG incident report! My daughter is still at dance. I called her friend and told her what happened! Also told her that I plan on playing a nasty trick on my daughter and to please go with it!! She will. I'm gonna tell her that I asked the police to wait until she finished with dance before they "question" her. I'm also going to tell her that at least she was following further in my footsteps and is going to be arrested!!! I plan on scaring her good! Too bad it's not April Fool's!! I know, it's mean, but I rarely get this opportunity! Aw, c'mon, you mean you wouldn't take advantage of this? This is priceless! I just wish I would have taken a few pics, but we know what happens to me when I try to take pictures of things I really shouldn't have???? LOL I keep getting kidded by my own children about my "Mamarazzi" experiences, now I have something really good!! Now, I did make sure my son knows what are inappropriate comments!! I mean, in this day and age, you can't kid about anything without it being taken out of context and serious!! Terrorism and all. You never know who hears!
Have to leave in about 20 minutes to pick up my daughter. This'll be good.

Okay, the verdict: I picked her up, told her about the police being at the house and they wanted to "talk" to her and I had to bring her to the station. She got all upset. I kept a straight face. I am a Mom and the eldest child, so, it's not hard to do! Told her we would go pick up Dad first. She asked, "Can't Dad do anything?" At this point she is crying. I begin to feel a little bad, but I keep going. I then told her I was kidding, but not about the police showing up!! Dad talked to them and told them how we had keys and such. She was MAD! hee hee I told her, she had no right going over there in the first place. She should have asked me. Next time she'll think before she just does things, for there are consequences as we found out tonight. Do I feel completely like a heel for doing this to her? No. Believe me, she went to her "daddy's arms" and milked it! She began that "fake ugly cry" and I just sent her on her way! Hopefully I taught both my children lessons tonight. I know I learned one, have fun while you still can, and if you can "get" your children, do so, before they are old enough to find you a "good" nursing home to put you in!!! ;-) Ahh, it's good to be the "Queen."

4 comments:

jessicamae3 said...

Now that there is just some funny funny funny stuff! Thanks for sharing!

Weeksie50 said...

lol-so funny..

angie worthington said...

lol, that is funny!...

thanks for stopping by my blog & for leaving a comment on melody's blog!!!...

Toni said...

Ohhhh Queenie, your Queendom is a hoot! My uncle had a big concrete donkey in his landscape bed. In 5th grade my friend and I stopped by to visit. He wasn't home so we "rode" the donkey. His neighbor saw and narked on us. I uh,...lied. And lied and lied (yeah, I went through a little phase with lying, lol). I was NOT about to admit it was me BUT I sure did learn my lesson about character as it relates to what I'm doing when no one is looking. Your dd might be a bit miffed with you for this one but I do believe she's learned a lesson about choices.
Blessings,
~Toni~