Monday, October 20, 2008

Just Another Manic Monday!!

I'm channeling the "Bangles" this morning!

"Six o'clock already
I was just in the middle of a dream
I was kissin' Valentino
By a crystal blue Italian stream

It's just another manic Monday
I wish it was Sunday
'Cause that's my funday
An I-don't-have-to-run day
It's just another manic Monday"


My weekend went by entirely too fast! I cannot believe it's already Monday morning. And this week will not be any less busy! Tomorrow evening, I have my niece's Confirmation. So, I have to leave my house by 4:30, beat the traffic heading across the River and hopefully make it to my sister's house by 6:30 at the very latest! Saturday was the retreat that I could not make it to, because it was Homecoming, and I'm sure they went over what needs to be done, a "practice run" if you will! Oh well, not a big deal. I'll do just fine. My youngest sister will be going with me, for she is my other niece's Sponsor! Who knows what time I'll get home! Then Wednesday is my Bonco night! Another late night. Thursday I have an 8:45 game, which means, I'll get home late and I won't be able to go right to sleep for I'll have to shower first the unwind and THEN I can go to sleep! I'll be lucky if it's by midnight! Then it's already Friday, which happens to be my Wedding Anniversary, and we have a game at 8:15! My goodness, where did the week go?! LOL

I so wanted to get some scrapping done Saturday, but I was a "Chauffeur!" The plan was to take my daughter to a friends house for pictures, then the dad was going to take all of them in his suburban to the restaurant and then the dance. I was going to pick them up and bring them back to her house. Well, it didn't work out that way. I had no time to get involved with anything because if I did, I would have to stop and leave!! I'm glad we are in a small town and we live close to the school! When I drove up to pick them up from the dance, I was stopped by the local police. They were making sure the "right" people were getting in. Last year, my hubby worked. That didn't go well with the "teenage daughter!" LOL Anyway, when I pulled in the parking lot and was stopped, he says, "Oh, you're picking up." I said, "What gave it away, the "Mommy Van?" You mean I can't pass as a teen going to the dance?" He just laughed. I knew him, but I don't think he knew I was "DK's wife." Darn. Just what I wanted to be doing, going to a high school dance! ;-)

Today, I have soooooo much to do. I've already changed the beds, putting clean sheets on them. I have some more laundry, but not much. I do have little "piles" of papers and such I need to go through and throw away and/or shred! It is such a beautiful morning! Sun is shining and the temp is @64 degrees! It's supposed to get into the 70's. The best part about that is, NO HUMIDITY!!!! So it feels like 70! I really hope it's like this for Halloween night!

You need to go check out "Glamorous Life of a Housewife." She is giving away a bread pan. But not your typical bread pan. One from Williams Sonoma. Go check it out! Tell her I sent ya! Also, Jessica Sprague is beginning her registration for her "Stories In Hand" FREE class. Go check it out. We will be making the binder we need for the class. Looks like lots of fun! Go here. I have a link also on my side bar!!

Well, that's it for now. Gotta get busy!!! Blog ya guys later....................

2 comments:

kelliebean said...

Whew! It is most definitely Monday, isn't it?! We just got back from visiting the folks and are having a really tough time getting back to "normal." I also signed up for the JS class - I had seen it earlier and wanted to take it, but forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me! :)

Happy Manic Monday!

Glamorous Life of a House Wife said...

I think I sing that song every Monday morning. :)