Sunday, September 7, 2008

Well, I arrived home on Friday, late afternoon. Pretty smooth ride. Took about 7 1/2 hrs driving time, only stopping twice. Didn't even unpack the car! Let the kids take out what needed to be out. I wanted to take a nap, but, it never happened. Saw DH for a few minutes before he had to get back to work. I made some dinner which did not consist of a "fast food" meal! It was pasta, broccoli and sauteed chicken breasts! Actually, it tasted very good. It was "less than 30 minutes" meal! I went to bed about 9:30 and slept until 6 a.m. It was not a sound sleep! Saturday, I cleaned our yard and made a trip to the dumpster with all the debris! Trash men finally came about 6 that evening. They picked up the house trash. I found out, we were only without power about 12 hours, which was good because, I sure didn't feel like cleaning out refrigerators again! I tell ya, this was not a "thunderstorm" that came rolling thru! 100 mph winds! Trees were uprooted, siding off the side of homes ripped off, patio covers picked up and twisted like it was paper!! Very scary. Now, we have "IKE" to prepare for. I can't do this again! Not without medication. I am spent, physically, mentally and emotionally. We are to know more Monday evening, Tuesday morning. The kids go back to school on Wednesday. What's going to happen? School for 2 days, then out for who knows how long? They have already missed 6. For "Katrina" school was out, I think, 9 days. They lost most of Thanksgiving week, only having off Thurs and Friday. During the week of Mardi Gras, they only had off Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. They missed Thursday and Friday for we were in Disney, a vacation we had planned a year before! And if my memory serves me correct, the last few days were made up during their "Spring Break." They are keeping good spirits now, laughing and saying, "There goes Thanksgiving!" If this storm keeps moving in the northwest direction, I'm staying! At first, it looked like a direct hit at the mouth of the Mississippi, now, it's moved some. We have to wait until it passes over Cuba to see what direction in may go. And there's "Josephine!" She is possibly reforming! Hurricane Party in the Atlantic!! I'll pass, thank you. I just want to get back to "normal." Don't laugh. I'm serious. I like my chaotic, busy, teen screaming life! I want to start eating right again. I'm tired of restaurant food. I'm a "homebody" who loves being home. I enjoy cooking. I even enjoy doing "some" housework! Just let me get back to my life!!!!!!
Okay, rant over. Need to go and put the laundry in the dryer and finish "cleaning" up my house! Have a good night. I'll post pictures from my "vacation" some time this week. Promise.

1 comment:

kelliebean said...

So glad you made it home safely. I've been watching Ike, hoping it would take a big turn AWAY from you - that's the last thing y'all need again! Hopefully he'll keep moving further away, but if not, this house is chock full of chocolate and coffee! ;)