Friday, September 12, 2008

"Freaky" Friday! {updated}

Okay. Here's the deal. We evacuated for Gustav. Really shouldn't have. What we really should have done was to evacuate for Ike! No school today. The rain bands are passing over. Wind gusts at 50 mph! Tornadic weather. Already have MAJOR gusts coming thru. Anticipating power outages! Scared that my cypress tree in the back yard is going to "snap" off at the top. Going to have to take a picture. Neighbor's fence came down in my drive yesterday evening! I mean, really. Apparently the "sirens" went off last night a couple of times. Did I hear them? Nope. Now THAT bothers me. I was so tired after my game that when I came home, @10:30, I took a shower, got into bed, watched television about 1/2 hour, fell asleep. Hard. Didn't even hear my husband come in @ 12:30 a.m.! Apparently @ 2, the alarms first went off, then again an hour or so later. We are on the wrong side of this hurricane. I am anticipating power to be lost. The wind gusts are hard and strong! I'll keep you as posted as I can. Going to go now. Make sure that everything is as secure as it can be. I'll try and take pictures, provided they aren't blurry!!!! Have a safe day. Blog ya later.....
UPDATE:
Here are a couple of pics I took before the next "band" came thru. Sirens started going off again! A strong Cell with potential Tornado!




Backyard. My poor crepe myrtle tree. It used to be full and beautiful. Now, stripped of all its leaves and flowers. :( Big cypress, bending. Have some "bare" spots for we lost some limbs in Gustav. Maybe, it'll be okay, for there is some "space" to go through. I'll let you know how the rest of my day goes!

5 comments:

kelliebean said...

Oh my gosh - I can't believe you're having to deal with that now! Looks like Murphy's Law doesn't apply to me and only me after all. :)

Seriously, though, we're keeping y'all close in thoughts and prayers.

colesmom said...

I live in Texas, a little over an hour from Louisiana...We did not evacuate and I know we are in for a rough night. I hope everything calms down for you very soon. Keep us in your thoughts too. Hopefully this will be the last hurricane we worry about this season.

Brock Family said...

I can't believe how big that storm is! My mom is here visiting and is going home tomorrow...do you think her flight will be cancelled??? I hope y'all are ok!

Weeksie50 said...

Oh, be careful.
It sounds scary up your way..
I am saying a little prayer for you guys..

Becky

Toni said...

Oh no! I do hope all is well, considering. Did it blow the canvas off your car port (or was the roof metal?) The footage on tv has been truly frightening.
Blessings,
~Toni~