Tuesday, August 26, 2008

"D- day" {oops, it's tomorrow now :( }

Well, today is "D-day." The day we are to get our new dog. I'm anxious, excited, nervous, scared, disturbed and any other descriptive, stomach-turning adjective I can't quite think of! I really don't know why. I mean, it's an animal, not a human. It's about rejection, acceptance, liking or not liking. ME. It's that "Eldest Child" syndrome. I'm a "control freak", I'll admit it. I like to know what is going to happen. WHEN it is going to happen. I don't care about the past times when I had plans and they "fell thru." Ha! I laugh at that. Ha! Ha! Okay, I'm still a little nervous. Time to move on. I'll let you know once the dog gets here.
Here is a little "column" I got from Don Pelham's site. Please excuse if I posted before. I'm a little worried about him, he hasn't posted anything new in some time....


Men Are Just Happier People—


Your last name stays put.
The garage is all yours.
Wedding plans take care of themselves.
You can never be pregnant.


You can wear a white T-shirt to a water park.
You can wear NO shirt to a water park.
Car mechanics tell you the truth.
The world is your urinal.
You never have to drive to another gas station restroom because this one is " just too icky."
You don’t have to stop and think of which way to turn a nut on a bolt.
Wrinkles add character.
Wedding dress, $5000. Tux rental, $100.
People never stare at your chest when you’re talking to them.
New shoes don’t cut, blister, or mangle your feet.
One mood all the time.
Phone conversations are over in 30 seconds flat.
A five-day vacation requires only one suitcase.
You can open all your own jars.
You get extra credit for the slightest act of thoughtfulness.
If someone forgets to invite you, he or she can still be your friend.
Your underwear is $8.95 for a three-pack.
Three pairs of shoes are more than enough.
You almost never have strap problems in public.
You are unable to see wrinkles in your clothes.
Everything on your face stays its original color.
The same hairstyle lasts for years, maybe decades.
You only have to shave your face and neck.
You can play with toys all your life.
One wallet and one pair of shoes one color for all seasons.
You can wear shorts no matter how your legs look.
You can “do” your nails with a pocket knife.
You have freedom of choice concerning growing a mustache.
You can do Christmas shopping for 25 relatives on December 24 in 25 minutes.


I just received a phone call from my hubby. They are going to do the surgery on the dog in the morning, so, I have to feel this way another 24-30 more hours! Argh. Can I throw up now? Man. I play ball tomorrow night!! Argh. I can't trust my kids to watch her. Really. Sure. They'll be all nice and cute and loveable towards her, but, it won't be "real." Seriously. The "newness" WILL wear off. She will become a "cast off" and here comes MOM to save the day!!! woo.hoo. Remind me again, why did we have children? Is it to test our skills as humans? Our patience? Our LAST nerve? cause, baby, I should get the TOP AWARD on those!!! Gee. Okay, gonna go and work on a digi layout and take my mind off the situation STARING ME in the face! Have a great day. Make that 2, 1 for me!! Blog ya later............... ;-)

4 comments:

kelliebean said...

Every pet we've had is mine...well, it has ended up being mine by virtue of the fact that I'm the one who ends up taking care of the dadgum things! :) In addition to my 3 kids, I've had three rabbits, a hamster, a cat, and a dog so far. Whew! Having kids is exhausting!!!

Paris said...

I hope you get your dog soon!

Jingle said...

You just wait! You will fall totally in love and that will be the end of it! I have dogs instead of kids, actually! LOL!

Rachel said...

Ack! The waiting is the worst part. That part about men, too funny!