Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The "Skinny" on Skinny Dipping!! {all you shy ones, you'll be okay!!}

My dd and I were watching a movie on Lifetime Sunday. My dh happened to be in the room when this "scene" took place. A woman, who was about to turn 30 in a few weeks, found a "list" in her childhood bedroom, that she made while in high school. Anyway, the list was titled: "7 things to do before I turn 30." On the list was "skinny dipping." She made an arrangement with a manager of a public pool, to use it while it wasn't open. So, she "plans" to go and lets herself in. Of course she forgets to lock the door!! It wasn't a "slasher" movie, so all was okay! LOL
I made a comment to my dd and dh. It went like this: "If you go 'skinny dipping' by yourself, isn't it just considered a bath?" I mean, really. Where is the fun if you go by yourself?
I'm no "prude" and I'll admit, I've "skinny dipped" with some fun people!! If I can still laugh about it now, then it wasn't too bad. But don't go by yourself. If you do, bring soap!!!!

Have you checked on the right side of blog? Look, 1 more day until school starts!! I'm so excited. I need to get back into the routine of things. My kids being home this summer, well, let's just say, it all ends tomorrow!! I know, I know, I'm a terrible mother! Hey, they'll be sent off with lots of love and a full belly! hee hee hee hee
I will be back later to blog some more. Have a great day.....................

Have a little "lagniappe" to share with you guys. Hope it makes you go "Hmmm"

Men Are Just Happier People—

Your last name stays put.
The garage is all yours.
Wedding plans take care of themselves.
You can never be pregnant.
You can wear a white T-shirt to a water park.
You can wear NO shirt to a water park.
Car mechanics tell you the truth.
The world is your urinal.
You never have to drive to another gas station restroom because this one is just too icky.
You don’t have to stop and think of which way to turn a nut on a bolt.
Wrinkles add character.
Wedding dress, $5000. Tux rental, $100.
People never stare at your chest when you’re talking to them.
New shoes don’t cut, blister, or mangle your feet.
One mood all the time.
Phone conversations are over in 30 seconds flat.
A five-day vacation requires only one suitcase.
You can open all your own jars.
You get extra credit for the slightest act of thoughtfulness.
If someone forgets to invite you, he or she can still be your friend.
Your underwear is $8.95 for a three-pack.
Three pairs of shoes are more than enough.
You almost never have strap problems in public.
You are unable to see wrinkles in your clothes.
Everything on your face stays its original color.
The same hairstyle lasts for years, maybe decades.
You only have to shave your face and neck.
You can play with toys all your life.
One wallet and one pair of shoes one color for all seasons.
You can wear shorts no matter how your legs look.
You can “do” your nails with a pocket knife.
You have freedom of choice concerning growing a mustache.
You can do Christmas shopping for 25 relatives on December 24 in 25 minutes.

Credit goes to Don Pelham. Thanks Don! Uh, where ya been? Haven't updated in a while!

4 comments:

Jaimie Lea said...

lol! some of my fondest childhood memories include skinny dipping! :)
love the 'Happy Men' thing although i think it should be 'Lucky Men' instead!

My camera quitting on me was a serious loss! I have felt like crying several times since I dont have the $$ to get a new one. But yes I will put my big girl panties on and move forward. (sadly)

kelliebean said...

Skinny dipping, eh? You crazy woman, you! ;)

And yet, the men are the biggest whiners...at least they are in these here parts. hee-hee! And you know, seeing as how we have to go through bladder-busting childbirth, it would only be right and fair to give us the "world is your urinal" one. Where is the justice here???

Pamela said...

I've never been skinny dipping. And I see your point...but it would kinda be like taking a bath outside or in some big building...lacking a little bit of security. :) What movie was that?

Pamela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.