Saturday, August 16, 2008

"Simple" Saturday

And that is exactly what today was, "Simple" and laid back. I awakened early. Okay, late for me, which was about 8 a.m. Hey, I'm awake every morning by 5:45 a.m., 5am if I go work out, which I need to get back into. Anyway, laid on the sofa, watching some "HGTV" as they were doing something that didn't interest me this morning, so I changed it. I put in on the "Food Network." I haven't watched that channel in a long while. "Tyler's Ultimate" happened to be on. He made "Chicken Paillard" {pronounced 'pie ard} ;) in which chicken breasts are pounded as thin as you can get it, breaded with Panko crumbs and pan fried in shallow pan with little oil. It takes minutes for it to cook, for it is so thin. He also made a "Blackberry, Blueberry and Raspberry Bread Pudding." That looked yummy, but not as yummy as the "Arnold Palmer" which is a drink. Not a cocktail, but Iced Tea with a scoop of frozen/slushy lemonade!! Now THAT I need to try, for I love lemon in my tea and I think this puts it over the edge! Here is a picture of my dinner. I put a salad with it. Tyler had made a salad with Arugula lettuce with a Parmesan/Ceasar Dressing.

I also made steamed green beans and some snow peas. Let me just say, I DID NOT eat that entire chicken breast! I ate maybe half. I was just too full. I did eat all the salad and a little snow peas and green beans. Kinda "snacked" on those.

This morning, I made breakfast for the family. It was a scrambled egg/potato/mushroom/onion mix. Also made some biscuits and an apple cinnamon cake. Made a pot of "Vanilla Biscotti" coffee. I was at the salon a couple of weeks ago and tried that coffee, Mmm, Mmm good! It is made by Folger's, their "Premium/Select Blend." After breakfast, I took a shower, then headed out to get a few more school supplies, the grocery, gas for the car then HOME. When I got home and put away the few groceries, I put my "ja-ja's" back on, sat on the sofa and watched television!! Yup. Sure did. I didn't start dinner until 6:30. It was all ready when the "Saints" game came on at 7 p.m. I watched a movie on Lifetime with Sally Pressman who plays "Roxie" on Army Wives. She played a "Sex Addict." Former "JAG", James Elliot, was one of her "conquests." It was a pretty good movie. I managed to do 2 Digi layouts. Here they are:
This was when we were on vacation in Destin and it was my daughter's birthday and the other one is after my daughter's dance recital. It was taken at the dinner table at Olive Garden. I am still trying to find a "Style." I've been on-line, downloading papers, embellies, kits, etc. I just need to get it re-organized so I can "see" everything and be able to pull from it like I would actually scrapping! But, who am I kidding?! I stare at a blank page when I'm actually scrapping too. I just do not have a style. I have "class" but no "style." ROTFL!!! I am trying to relax and just let it flow, but...


Anyway. Need to get up early and be out of the house by 9 a.m. tomorrow. I have to drive across the river. WAY across the river, and go to my sister's for a meeting for my neice who is "Confirming" in October. She asked me to be her "Sponsor." I am her Godmother as well. This should be interesting since I am not a "Practicing Catholic." I did make my Confirmation, but I do not attend a Catholic Church. Both my children were Baptized and my daughter made her First Communion, but my son did not. When it came time, we had started attending another church and he was attending "Super Church" as well as going to CCD. We asked him if he wanted to. Totally let him decide. He didn't want to. Didn't feel it was "necessary" and he was getting more out of the "new" church than CCD! 6 yrs later, we are still attending that church! Enough "church" talk. Everyone has their own opinions and I respect that. I do not want to offend anyone or "bash" religions. I generally stay out of conversations regarding Religion and Politics! I ain't stupid!!! hee hee hee hee

Well, ya'll have a good night. I'm going clean up the kitchen then probably go to bed. At least while the Saints are winning!! The score is 27-24 in the beginning of the 4th quarter. Still time left for them to screw it up! They are playing Houston. Ummm, "Peanut Gallery" is closed Dana and "Bean!" It's only Pre-Season. Not that, that really matters either! Blog you guys later................

1 comment:

kelliebean said...

Won't say a word...yet! (go Texans!) :) But actually, Dallas is my team.

Can you come over and fix me some dinner???