Wednesday, August 13, 2008

OMGoodness! OMGoodness! OMGOODNESS!

IT'S THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL! WOOHOOOOOOOOO!



I'm sorry. Didn't mean to yell. I actually meant to scream it at the top of my lungs!! I'm sure the majority of the parents in my "neck of the woods" are just as excited. No more trying to figure out what to do with their "bored" children since camp finished weeks ago!! No more trying to keep them "occupied" and "out of trouble" Now, everyday, Monday thru Friday from 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., they will be IN SCHOOL!! If not, the truant officer will be at my door! And we can't have that, considering, my DH is a police officer!! LOL My kids were actually ready for school this morning! Got up, dressed and ate a little breakfast BEFORE I was even up and ready!! That is a feat in itself!



My neighbor came in the door and commented, "You don't have anyone to get on the bus!" Yeah, I know. I. real. choked. up. about. it. can. you. tell? Hee hee. Actually, since I gave up the "Before and After" Care, my life just got easier!! Lex went out to watch Daws get on the bus. I figured, since Thurs is her last day with me, and she actually won't be riding the bus for a couple of years, cause she's too young, it wouldn't hurt! See, I'm nice!!! G will bring her back in. Maybe. She falls under Lexie's "spell" way too many times. In fact, I better make sure she DOES bring her back in or, I may not see Lex again!!! LOL



Here is a picture of last night's dinner. The first time I made it, it was delicious. This was the 2nd time. I didn't have ALL the ingredients or should I say, ENOUGH of the ingredients, but, it still was DELICIOUS!! I have been using my crockpot A LOT!! The "Crockpot Lady" actually responded to an email I sent her yesterday!! I've never written to a "celebrity" before! {The whole "stalker" thing, ya know} She was very nice and said, she tries to answer all her email! I sent her a recipe to "Tweak" for the crock. Curious to see what she comes up with!! Anyway, tonight's recipe comes from her. Here is what it looks like BEFORE it is cooked: I'll post the finished product later! and how it tasted!!!! It is also my PAD for today, which is the letter "C" for Crockpot Cooking!! I know, it doesn't look very appetizing, but, those are mushrooms on top. There are inexpensive steaks on the bottom, onions, mushrooms tomato juice, worchestershire sauce, pepper and Italian seasoning. Cook on low for about 7 - 8 hours!! We'll see.

I LOVE mushrooms, so....... can't be that bad! My family ought to be happy it isn't CHICKEN!!! We actually haven't had chicken in a while, but they think, that's all that comes from a crockpot! Silly family!

Well, gotta get to "business", speaking of "chikens!" LOL One last thing. I finished my challenge for the "Outside/In", it was called the "Theme-inator." We had to take themed papers/product and use it for an un-themed layout. I took pics of dd cutting grass and I put it on a "Beachy" layout. Take a look: My ds doesn't get it. Not explaining to him. Sorry, it isn't a great picture. Like I said, been out of the "routine" of things.
Gotta leave ya. Blog you guys later.................

2 comments:

Miss Dana said...

LOVE it!!!!! How do you ALWAYS do such a great job???!!
LOL I need to start doing stuff like this.....maybe not scrapbooking, but something simple, easy, and fun!!!!
Gotta do something that is fun.
But anyway, school went well w/ the students......well its only been two days. So, can't really say anything yet.
Ha ha! But they have been good..
How is your son liking his new school?
:-)

Miss Dana said...

BTW, the meal that you are having tonight looks W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L!!!!!!!!! Yummy! Love mushrooms too!