Friday, August 1, 2008

Freakin' Friday!!

Yahoooooo! I am glad. This is the start of my week off. Unfortunately, I received a notice yesterday, that my ds's "orientation" is gonna be August 11th! Sooooooo, I will be taking off thru Monday. DH can't do it this time {did it when dd started} and he wants me to have to go thru it. I agree. My children come first. Had to tell my parents that I am also taking off that Monday. Sorry!! I always feel guilty about taking off. Really don't know why, I never take more than my "scheduled vacation." I give a calendar at the beginning of the year, noting all the days off. Every now and then, something may come up, but they always know weeks in advance! The days off are always "Holidays" and such. Typical of what you would have off in an "office setting." I need to take some "Mental Health" days, kwim?
It is a dreary day here, weather wise. Been "drizzly" all morning! Supposed to have less chance of rain this weekend! I hope so. Saturday afternoon is a surprise birthday party. Don't want rain then.
My dental appointment Monday got changed from 2 p.m. to 9:50 a.m.!! I am so glad. Now my day won't get cut because I have to stop and go for a cleaning!!! I'll be done in about 30 minutes, leaving me the rest of the morning and afternoon! I'm gonna take advantage of the "Tax Break" today and tomorrow and purchase the rest of the school supplies I need. We don't have to pay State taxes on purchases up to $2500. How cool is that? Any money saved is a good thing! Glad to see gas going down. Last I saw, was $3.69/gallon. My DH said he would love to see it at $2.50. I would love to see it at $3!!!!! The "experts" say, it is still up $1 from last year. Honestly, I don't remember what the cost was. Hard to believe we were worried about it being $3/gal much less $4 now!! I just heard Sheryl Crow's new song on the 'Today' show called, "Gasoline." Great song! Line in it states that "gasoline will be free!" If you get a chance, check it out!
Okay, to follow the "Domestic Queen" in my parallel universe, ;) need to go put dishes away and laundry. Oh joy! Have a great day! Blog ya later..............

3 comments:

Jaimie Lea said...

Enjoy your time off to recharge! SAHM's have the hardest job NEXT 2 SITTERS! :)

Veronica said...

Guess that gives me a "double whammy!" A "Sitter" and a "SAHM."

Miss Dana said...

OMGosh, SOOOO lucky you have a break before school starts. Now, enjoy your time off......you need it!!! :-)
I would totally love if the gas would 'drop' to $3!!!! I'm with ya on that!
Anyway, I'm gonna send ya an email soon.