Friday, August 29, 2008

FRANTIC Friday!

I am beginning to panic a little. My gracious neighbor made multiple reservations in Tennessee and graciously gave me one for me and my kids. My sis will also accompany me, for her DH has to stay as well as mine! Not sure where "Gustav" will hit or even when exactly! I kinda want to stay and wait it out, but, like I did for "Katrina", left at 5 in the morning on Sunday when she hit on MONDAY!!! I didn't hit traffic, but, leaving like that is kinda "freaky" to say the least. We will be on the East side of the storm, which is NOT good. Storm surges, tornados, rain! I just don't know what to do, but I know I have to do something! I am normally a calm person, and I am now, but, the panic that is beginning to rise in the city is enough to make a rock shake! I'm telling you, Katrina left a bad taste in everyone here! I may just take my kids and "furbabies" and hunker down at my sister's. I'll talk to her a little later. They are talking "Mandatory Evacuation" here tomorrow! I think it is a day early, especially if the storm is not predicted to hit until late Monday night, early Tuesday morning!
Anyway, I'll keep you guys posted when I can, but, if you haven't seen anything from me in a few days, it's because we lost power and I didn't leave! I'll do my best. Blog you guys later with more info............................

3 comments:

kelliebean said...

Oh, my gosh - that's scary stuff, Vee. You and the family stay safe and update us when you can.

We're keeping you in our prayers!

Renee Lamb said...

on no!!! How very very scary!!! I sure it isn't another Katrina. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

Renee Lamb said...

oops left out the word hope in my sentence! I meant to say I sure hope it's not another Katrina! duh!