Friday, May 30, 2008

REPORT CARD DAY {for my son anyway!}

Okay, those of you who visit here pretty regularly, know what is going on w/my son and the deal we made him about his report card. Basically, if he got A/B honor roll, pulling all his grades up, $100 he would get.

Well, after Monday's Recognition Ceremony, we knew he didn't have honor roll. I then retracted saying if it was Spelling that brought him/kept him from honor roll, I would give him the $100 BUT my neighbor was NOT to match it! Today, his report card came in. He did bring all his grades up to B's, but, it was Spelling that he had a constant C, straight across in. If we would pay him $5 for every 'A' he received, poor boy, would only have $5!!! Sooooo, he got a good deal, to use Howie Mandel's words!! LOL His FINAL grade in Science was a 'C', but his 4th 9 weeks grade was a 'B.' I know what you're thinking, I'm a softy. But really, I'm not!

He's not home, so he doesn't know I received it yet. Tried reaching DH to let him know, but he is also not available! Oh well. Thought I would let you guys know the end.

On another note, I just received a birthday card made by CKMB'r "Planet" aka Janet! How sweet is that? I am truly touched! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! and it will be treasured. Here is a picture of the outside:

2 comments:

kellie bean said...

Hey there, Vee! Happy Birthday! When is your actual b-day? Congrats to your son, too! :)
-Kel

Toni said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR VERONICA. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

The card is beautiful. And you had me lmbo as I read your recent post. Exfoliated feet in the beach chair. Bahahahaha! And your dd's letter from retreat TOTALLY cracked me up (you ARE scrapping it, yes?) And who needs paragraphs when you read, "I. know. I. love. you." 'Nuff said. ;) And I *loved* the photo of your house. I love curb appeal and sister, you got it.
Blessings,
~Toni~
p.s. Thank you for your kind words on my blog. I'm so sorry your mom passed away at a young age. What a reunion it will someday be.