Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Brunch

Well, guess where we wound up? The Aiport Hilton Hotel for a "Jazz Champagne Brunch!" I was surprised. Very nice set up! They had a band. We let our kids have "Mimosas." Yes, you read right. I know, my DH is a cop! Ryan didn't like it as much, but Em did! She only had 1 glass. The food! I can only begin to tell you what they had! 1st, there was a "Breakfast Station" with omelettes, pancakes & waffles, grits & sausage. Then they had Seafood Gumbo and my fave, Sweet Potato Bisque! OH MY WORD! It was super! I can tell you, it is not what you expect! Moving on.... Ham and Fried Turkey at the "Carving Station", Baked Redfish w/shrimp sauce (yum!) Penne Pasta w/Crawfish, Cajun Rice {ok, jambalaya!} Lamb Chops w/CousCous, Bronzed Duck, Vegetable Medley, Sweet Potato Souffle, "Southern Eggs" {which were eggs benedict served on biscuit w/shrimp sauce, YUM!} Boiled crawfish, crabs & shrimp, fruit trays, cheese trays, salad fixin's, my daughter's fave: a Chocolate Fountain! They had some ice cream, cakes, pies, and other sweets, a LARGE bread basket {made of bread, of course!} filled w/different types of bread rolls. They even had a small serving area for the "Kids Buffet." Too cute. Can't believe I didn't take a pic of that??! Hmmmm. Gee, I don't know if I'm missing anything. Doesn't matter, cause I can tell you, I didn't eat all that I mentioned!!!! I would STILL be sitting there! I'm gonna post a picture I took of the Main Buffet Station w/all the food. Another pic is the singer from the band, singing to my daughter! She was surprised! She was singing, "Wind Beneath My Wings" dedicated to all "Moms."

I need to go find some aspirin, I have a headache after replaying all that food! LOL

I hope all you Moms enjoyed your day! Personally, we need to have more than 1 day a year!!!! Blog ya later......................................


3 comments:

joscelyne cutchens said...

Happy Mother's Day to you. Sorry it took me so long, but I just finally got your RAK off in the mail on Saturday. :)

kellie bean said...

Woah! You were treated oh-so-well! Very nice!!! And yes, more than one day a year would really be nice. :) Happy Monday!

Kel

Brock Family said...

It sounds like you had a great Mother's Day! My mouth is watering reading about all that delicious food!