Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day to All!


Her children stand and bless her. Her husband praises her: "There are many virtuous and capable women in the world, but you surpass them all!"
~ Proverbs 31:28-29, NLT

May all Mothers have a very blessed day! May you do exactly what you want! Me? Well, my family is taking me to eat, somewhere! Have no clue. Yesterday, I stopped at a place my DH and I spoke about possibly eating at, and I made reservations. Get home, tell him I made reservations and he asked me, "WHY?" What do you mean "why?' Because we talked about it, I was passing, so I stopped. How was I supposed to know he already made plans? I'm always the one making plans! So I ask, "when were you planning to tell me?" He says, "I wanted it to be a surprise!" I retaliate, "Well, YOU would have been surprised when on Sunday morning I sleep until noon (not likely), and decided I wasn't doing anything but staying in my "ja ja's" all day!" I'm sorry, but I have to have things a little more "organized." I am NOT a "fly by the seat of my pants" kinda girl. Luckily, the place I made reservations at, only had my name (first only!) and # of people! They weren't too organized. I think they actually wrote it down on a scrap piece of paper!!!! For all I know, it's lost already! LOL

Anyway, I am awake by 8:30 (which is late for me) and I uploaded some pictures that I took Friday night at our church's "City Park Night." It was hot, humid and 2 of my FAVORITE rides weren't available!!! The "Tornado" is no longer there and the "Ladybug" rollercoaster wasn't working!!! Ended up riding the "Scrambler" which was "painful" for my son sat between my sister and myself and acted so goofy and crazy, that his "bony" hips were hitting my "bony" hip! It was fun! Then we rode the "Tilt-a-Whirl" which we could not get turning!! We laughed so hard! I'll have some pictures at the end! We rode another ride called, "Tugboat." Doesn't really do much! We ate. Oh, did I say, "we ate?" We did. Hamburgers, hot dogs, chili, baked beans, coleslaw, chips, soft drinks, water, and ICE CREAM! Okay, I didn't eat all that, but that is what they had! LOL I had a bbq hamburger, potato chips, slaw and a diet coke. Then later I had water and a "Drumstick" ice cream cone! We had a good time. Lines were longer for the rollercoaster wasn't available! But my sister and I enjoyed ourselves! My daughter didn't know that we rode any rides!! I'm like, "Duh, we're at a park! That's like going to Disney and NOT riding!" She apparently didn't have fun. Too bad for her! I did!

Well, today, like I mentioned earlier in this post, I'm going out to eat. More than likely a "Brunch" even though it is at 1:30 p.m.! I swear, I know my husband means well.....I'll fill ya in later on the details, once they become evident! Have a GREAT Mother's Day, going load up some pics for you to laugh at!! Blog ya later..............


1 comment:

kellie bean said...

Veronica,

Happy Mother's Day to you! It looks like yall had a great time. We love going to our local amusement park. Funny you mention the scrambler - it's Delaney's favorite (especially when I sit where she can SLAM into me!). :) Have a blessed day with your family, wherever you end up celebrating!

Kel