Tuesday, April 22, 2008



Today is "Earth Day", what I consider the "Ultimate" Mother's Day! Isn't it amazing how, in just a few short years, everyone has been "self conscious" about the Environment? We've been a recycling family for many years, that is, until the Hurricane of 2005! Now, recycling has come to a HALT in my community! That's a shame too. I have a Cypress Tree in my backyard that I received at the "Earth Day Fest" held at the Audubon Zoo in 1998. At the time, it stood about 1 1/2 feet tall. Today, it stands about 20 feet tall and shades my backyard beautifully! Now, every couple of years, my DH has to go in the yard and "chop" away at the "Knees" that have popped up, making it difficult to pass a lawnmower over them! But it isn't too often. Today, Disney has "Green" shows on. I think it's great for the little ones to watch and learn! For what are we doing, but leaving this Earth for them and our great grandchildren!
I hope everyone has a chance to get out today and do something "Green."
Blog ya later......

No comments: