Tuesday, February 5, 2008

February 5, 2007 Mardi Gras Day!!





Well, well, well. It's been some time since I posted and I apologize!! :( I've been quite busy getting ready for my "Beach Scrapbookin Retreat" that was this past Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I returned on Sunday afternoon in time to watch that AWESOME Superbowl game!!
I was extremely, overly excited to have the NY Giants win! I was so pulling for Eli. Poor guy, such a bad rap lately, in the shadows of Tom Brady! Well I guess he showed everyone!! Peyton was just as excited for his brother. I am so happy for the Manning Family. They are great people, down to earth! Mrs. Olivia raised some great boys! Cooper, I guess, will have to stick w/the financial part of football!

Okay, back to the scrapbook retreat: It was absolutely wonderful! Just to be away...
My new friend Regina (aka Gi Gi) from Foley, Alabama, hosted it. She has a GREAT store just down the road from the Foley Outlet Mall. It is HUGE!! I could wander in there for hours, and have! She is already planning next year's! Each day we received a "goodie bag" filled w/paper and embellishments. There was also a "Challenge" for the day. We had theme nights. Thursday was Pajama and Karoke night! Friday was Luau night and Saturday, well it was "Mardi Gras Night" complete w/parade! Unlike any parade I went to! We were provided w/breakfast, Continental Style and served a lunch, on both Friday and Saturday. Had a great rate at the Resort. The cost of the crop retreat weekend was $150 plus room.
I completed a couple of 2 pg LO's, but I went with a project in mind! I wanted to create a chipboard autograph album for Lexie to take to Disney with her in June. I did finish it, it is a 6 x 6 album that is slightly embellished. I want to completely finish it once she receives the autographs. I know she'll love it! She loves the other book I made for her called, "Lexie's First Haircut." She is all excited about going. Wish I could go with her. There is something about seeing Disney through a child's eyes for the first time!!!!
As I stated in today's title, today is Mardi Gras. Woo hoo. My DD went with her friend and family to the parades in Metairie. My DH worked a shift at the airport. My DS and myself hung out here. I didn't even get out of my PJ's! I finished working on my sister's photo book about her trip to NYC in Nov/Dec 2001. It is simple, but more than a traditional book of photos. I hope she likes it.

It's late, I'll have to post my LO's I did at the retreat in a bit. Nothing spectacular, just documenting the past. I need to work on getting a "style."
Thanks for looking. I appreciate any and all comments! Have a great night!

No comments: